Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

fats for testosterone

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
What is the best fat proportions for maximum testosterone production (all other things -training, rest,.... - equal) ?

mostly omega 3s

50% omega 3S + 50% monounsaturated fatty acids

some saturated fat ?

Anthrax said:
What is the best fat proportions for maximum testosterone production (all other things -training, rest,.... - equal) ?

mostly omega 3s

50% omega 3S + 50% monounsaturated fatty acids

some saturated fat ?

You need about 10%saturated fat in your diet to keep you testosterone levels steady, and I would suggest doing about 10%saturated/50%omegas/40%monosaturated (poly)

Mr.X

Is 10% saturated fats a hard-set number, Mr. X? I would imagine that a young man with good cholesterol profile who works out hard and has his diet in check can benefit from slightly higher levels of sat. fat.

ohashi said:
Is 10% saturated fats a hard-set number, Mr. X? I would imagine that a young man with good cholesterol profile who works out hard and has his diet in check can benefit from slightly higher levels of sat. fat.

Due to the nature of being online, I don't usually recommend eating a lot of saturated fat w/o consulting the person first, for you'd be surprised how people misrepresent themselves online -which can be deadly in the long run.

10% has show to be a good number to shoot for; notice I say at least 10%, anything over that is just an addition and is up to the person to decide the health aspect of the issue.

Mr.X

i remeber seeing something about a trial where monounsaturate fat causing an increase in test levels (all the subjects had good saturated intakes as well)...its in a special lifestyle mens health somewhere in my room........

danielson said:
i remeber seeing something about a trial where monounsaturate fat causing an increase in test levels (all the subjects had good saturated intakes as well)...its in a special lifestyle mens health somewhere in my room........

Actually it is what I thought

Polyunstaurated fatt acids are way healthier (for our arteries, joins, mental health and so on)
but - though I may be wrong :

saturated & monounsat => cholesterol => testosterone

Anthrax said:

Actually it is what I thought

Polyunstaurated fatt acids are way healthier (for our arteries, joins, mental health and so on)
but - though I may be wrong :

saturated & monounsat => cholesterol => testosterone

You thought correct...

Mr.X

Fat_Sumo said:
What about on keto?

When in ketosis, it seems that the overload of fats only increases testosterone in the start of the diet; after a while it actually levels out to do no additional positives. So, in ketosis, there are no real % of what fats, but I usually suggest at least 30-40% from EFAs.

mr.X

Top Bottom