Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Are all steroids testosterone?

Krazykat

Hi,

Could someone tell me if all steroids bow down to being testosterone? I am a litle confused on this one. For example World Anabolic Review sites a reference that says 10mg of dbol increases testosterone levels an average of 5 times. But Big Cat says that d-bol isnt testosterone at all and so this is simply not true.

:confused:

Chris

All steroids are, in one way or another, based on the testosterone molecule and thus will elevate T levels. D-bol was the first steroid designed to enhance the anabolic properties while minimalizing the androgenic properties. Mg per mg it supposedly aromatizes half as much as testosterone, but that's arguable.

Primobolin and Anavar have the highest anabolic to androgenic ratio, being about nine times more anabolic, but they are STILL androgens, and in turn, will increase T and supress the HPTA, albiet minimally if dosages are reasonable.

Supplement companies have tried in vain to make something 100% anabolic without any androgenic qualities. (Methoxy, HMB, etc) But they never worked and probably never will. If such a substance could be invented, it would change the world and the inventor would become a billionaire. So...stay in school! :)

All anabolics a modified version of testosterone produced by our pituitary gland.
Steroids are modified in one of three ways.
1. alkylation of the 17th-carbon(most orals)
2. esterfication of the 17-carbon(any injectible with an ester)
3. modification of the steroid nucleous of the molecule(almost all steroids except testosterone)

Nelson, how come when I was on a cycle of Deca my test levels were so low? With the exception of testosterone doesn't most, if not all, steroids suppress you so that your blood test levels will be low? (Of course, exogenous test will also suppress you but your blood testosterone levels will be high assuming you take more than replacement dosages.)

mt said:
Nelson, how come when I was on a cycle of Deca my test levels were so low? With the exception of testosterone doesn't most, if not all, steroids suppress you so that your blood test levels will be low? (Of course, exogenous test will also suppress you but your blood testosterone levels will be high assuming you take more than replacement dosages.)

I think you answered your own question...either that or I read it wrong...

mt said:

Good point. Deca is a bit of an exeption. It too will elevate T slightly, but after a while the elevation wil not match the suppression and you can wind up lower even while on, whereas even 100 mgs of testosterone a week can keep T levels in the normal/high range.

Top Bottom