Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how toxic is dbol to the liver?

Being largely an oral compound, its also 17aa. Liver values are elevated over a short period of time, making long-term use very dangerous. Liver values should return to normal quite fast after discontinuation however since the effects are so short-lived.

Don't just quote some profile or something, post what you KNOW.

I've been on dbol for over 5 months, using AT LEAST 40mg/day, once going as high as 120mgs.

Recently had my liver values checked. Everything looked good. AST and ALT were a little elevated, but that's normal for people who work out. GGT was in the normal range. I don't even take any liver protectors.

Liver toxicity, IMO, is exagerrated.

:bday:

What's up slobberknocker? That is what I know. I've done 4 different cycles with D-bol in it. I've done it for 4 weeks and as long as 8 weeks. I start having elevated levels in AST and ALT after the 5th week, which is why I stated what I stated. Oral winny does the same thing to me. I can't take that for too long either, nevermind the joint pain I get from it.

Did you check your values before the cycle? AST and ALT are usually elevated, just if you lift weights. How was your GGT?

I didn't get the blood test done until after the cycle. GGT was slightly above normal. The point I was trying to make is that since D-bol is I7-aa it causes a considerable strain on the liver. In high dosages and over a longer period of time, D-bol is liver-toxic. Even a dosage of only 10 mg/day can increase the liver values over a pro-longed period of time. Running D-bol for 5 months and having only a moderate change in AST and ALT levels is definitely the exeption and not the rule. However, to address your point, the values return to normal shortly after you're done. The clearnace time for D-bol is 4-8 hours.

I found this article interesting...which seems to be in line with what you're saying. I don't agree with it but it does substantiate what you're saying.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/content/page-84.html

Hepatoxicty: Fact or Fiction
by Roy Harper

We all know that the alpha alkylated steroids are hepatotoxic, right….. But, is there actually any truth to this? We’ve been told for years that if you take 17 alpha-alkylated steroids, you will eventually run into liver problems. Never combine 17 aa’s, never go beyond 50mg day, never go longer than 4 weeks, etc. All of this is crap! As I we walk you through some studies, today, you’ll see 17 alpha-alkylated steroids can be hepatotoxic but not to the degree you would think.

To make a steroid hepatotoxic, you need only a small change to a steroid molecule; A strong bond that cannot readily be down broken by enzymes in the liver. This may be a bond at the 17th position, or even at the 1st position (as in methenolone or proviron). Because the liver cannot easily break the steroid down before it is released in to the blood stream, this also results in the steroid to becoming more orally bio-available.

We can see that the liver has to work harder to break down these steroids. Enzymes in the blood and tissue easily metabolize other steroids such as Testosterone. Commonly, this increase in liver activity has been viewed as a harmful process, but as you will see, this increase is, in and of itself, irrelevant. The liver is THE filter of the human body -- it can figure out what to do with just about anything. The only real problem comes in when one keeps their liver at full blast for long periods of time.

if taken for too long one can get jaundice - i know someone who did unfortunetly - not very cool. staying on for as long as slobberknocker is very dangerous imo

Basically. If u do a normal cycle lenght you will be fine. I just did a Deca 300/ d-bol cycle. Im fine. Just take milk thistle. and Dont Drink

Top Bottom