Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

deca durabolin questions

buffdoc

Never used deca, although I could get it here as one of the few injectables prescribable.
If impotence and diminished libido are problems, is that covered by also using test? (I'm on 600/week of t cyp)
Also, I've searched around and have yet to see a satisfactory explanation of the "deca plus propecia worsens hair loss" phenomenon.
If this causes deca to be metabolized to something besides DHT, what's the problem? DHT is the worst offender as far as sensitizing the androgen receptor to the genetic propensity to follicular miniaturization (leading to baldness).

All comments and advice appreciated

Buffdoc in Atlanta

Hi!
Yes, loss of libido is most often covered by taking test.
Normaly nandrolon is converted to dhn by 5 alpha reductase, propercia blocka the 5ar enzyme.
and since dhn(dihydronandrolone) is less potent than nandrolone itself you dont want to block that enzyme.

If you are taking test and deca i guess it is depends on the deca to test ratio:) if you should take propercia, since the 5ar enzyme converts test to dht.

Qrios said:
Hi!
Yes, loss of libido is most often covered by taking test.
Normaly nandrolon is converted to dhn by 5 alpha reductase, propercia blocka the 5ar enzyme.
and since dhn(dihydronandrolone) is less potent than nandrolone itself you dont want to block that enzyme.

But if DHN is LESS potent than nandrolone, then why would blocking 5AR, which would result in lower levels of the less potent DHN, and higher nandrolone levels, be a bad thing? Help me out here.
Thanks

buffdoc said:

But if DHN is LESS potent than nandrolone, then why would blocking 5AR, which would result in lower levels of the less potent DHN, and higher nandrolone levels, be a bad thing? Help me out here.
Thanks

Again because nandrolone is more androgenic than even dhn and if you block this conversion you will have more nandrolone instead of it being converted into dhn.

BTW - I feel if you are using a good amount of test with the deca than it would be a good idea still to add propecia in there as it would help block the more potent test from converting into dht. Nandrolone itself even is far less androgenic than test and dht.

Deca and finasteride

Mike P.T. said:

Again because nandrolone is more androgenic than even dhn and if you block this conversion you will have more nandrolone instead of it being converted into dhn.

So, are you saying that nandronlone itself is more of a threat to the hair follicles than DHN? If you are, that makes since to me.

Mike P.T. said:
BTW - I feel if you are using a good amount of test with the deca than it would be a good idea still to add propecia in there as it would help block the more potent test from converting into dht. Nandrolone itself even is far less androgenic than test and dht.

And therefore not a threat to the hair? So I still don't see how using propecia with Deca could worsen hair loss. Am I being dense?

Start thinking this is a joke.

If taking deca, the hairloss will be worse if you take propercia with it, but less compared to taking test even with propercia.

-----------
Endokrinologie 1982 Oct;80(2):163-72 Related Articles, Links

Different binding of testosterone, 19-nortestosterone and their 5 alpha-reduced derivatives to the androgen receptor of the rat seminal vesicle: a step toward the understanding of the anabolic action of nortesterone.

Toth M, Zakar T.

Binding to the androgen receptor of rat seminal vesicle was studied in vitro using cell-free extract or minced tissue. Relative binding affinities of 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT), 5 alpha-dihydro-19-nortestosterone (DHN), nortestosterone and testosterone were estimated from their competition with [3H]-DHT for the binding sites. In contrast with the conflicting results obtained with cell-free systems incubated at 0-15 degrees C, studies performed with vesicular mince at 37 degrees C proved to be useful to demonstrate characteristic differences in binding affinity and to gain information about binding both to cytosol and nuclear receptors. Competition data were graphically analyzed, and after correction for steroid metabolism the following relative competition indices were obtained: DHT = 1.00; nortestosterone = 0.32-0.4; testosterone = 0.1-0.2; DHN = 0.12. However, binding to cytosolic and nuclear receptors did not differ significantly. It is concluded that testosterone and 19-nortestosterone (which are equally good substrates for 5 alpha-reductase) are converted in the seminal vesicles to metabolites, of which DHT exhibits an affinity to the androgen receptor nearly one order of magnitude higher than that of DHN. On the other hand, in skeletal muscles that are practically devoid of 5 alpha-reductase activity, the 3-fold higher affinity of nortestosterone to the receptor, expectedly, results in a myotropic activity that is superior to that of testosterone.

PMID: 7160340 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Top Bottom