Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

steroids/ age and testosterone levels

After puberty the serum testosterone levels for men are lowered by about 20%

why aren't kids the strongest during their high school years but,instead they are the strongest in college

Throughout the teen years the extra testosterone is responsible for adding the necessary secondary characteristics of males and maturing bone growth and muscle. By the time your in college the epiphysis plates fuse and muscle is fully developed - not to mention by then most have more discipline, knowledge and depending when they start lifting, more experience.

I had always heard test starts to drop off in the late twenties. Can anyone post any legit studies on this?

I can't give an scientific evidence to testosterone production, but I'm 32 now. I remember having a full-time erection between the ages of 14-19. It would go up if the freakin' breeze was too strong.

Unfortunately, life isn't like that anymore. :bawling:

testosterone levels are highest in the mid to late teens...then they drop a bit in the twenties. there is a rise in test levels again in your thirties, than a plateau from then to 40, then steady dropping until you die. i've seen that in studies...i just have to find it again, and i'm too lazy right now.

also, reason for not being as strong when you're younger, despite higher levels of testosterone is that it takes a long time of testosterone exposure to reap it's benefits. you could also probably find a study on that under the heading testosterone and muscle maturity or muscular density. it's not an instantaneous process. just as with most men, despite a slight drop in test after puberty in their twenties, hair growth continues much later. i'm 21, and my chest is just starting to get real hairy. it's been getting hairier and hairier for the past few years. but when i was 17, and supposedly sky high in testosterone, i had no chest hair or facial hair really.

also, i always here stuff about men being much more viral when they are in there teens. but i think it's important not to confuse horniness and frequent erections during puberty with testosterone persay. but moreso, a natural adaptation to rising levels of testosterone. if you remember fucking like a champ when you were young, it may be just because fucking was so new to you...these days, i've done everything, and the newness of it all is beginning to wear off. its' kind of like being with the same girl for a really long time...you start to lose interest, but you find that you are really fucking horny again if you start up a new relationship, or just have a one night stand with some slut.

just some shit to consider

Levels start to rise again in your 30's huh? That's comforting having just turned 30. Beefy, please post one of those studies when you have the time. I'm going to try to find something on it myself and will post if I can find something solid on this.

well, here are some articles:

check out this link first:

http://www.alt-support-impotence.org/hormone_charts.htm

from what i get from these articles, and others that i've read is that there is a decline after the early twenties, followed by a rise in your late twenties, before more anothe steady decline.
----------------------------------------------------------

Male Menopause

Menopause for men, you might ask? Unfortunately, yes! Andropause – the male menopause - is more gradual than that experienced by women, but it is just as real. It often starts as early as age 35. Because it is so gradual, men often reach their mid-forties before they are even noticing some of the signs and symptoms.

Andropause, like menopause, is caused by a decline in hormones. (Primarily testosterone and the secondarily growth hormone, along with DHEA) On the average, a man’s testosterone level begins to decline at a rate of 1% per year after age 40. It is estimated that 20% of men aged 60 to 80 years have levels below the lower limit of normal. The diagnosis of low testosterone levels is based on the presence of signs or symptoms and must be confirmed by laboratory testing. The extent to which declining hormone levels cause men to age is dependent on lifestyle issues of diet, exercise and stress.
---------------------
Unlike women experiencing menopause, in men, hormone levels decline
slowly and symptoms may or may not occur. Testosterone levels in men often
begin to decline around age 30, and drop approximately 10 percent each decade.
Often, the patient dismisses these symptoms as a regular part of the aging
process. However, thanks to the aging "baby boomers" andropause will be a
significant health concern to a huge sector of the population wanting a longer
and healthier life.
------------------------------

on GH
In humans, the amount of human growth hormone after age 30 declines about 14% per decade, so that total daily human growth hormone production is reduced dramatically with age. In numerical values, we produce on a daily basis about 500 micrograms of human growth hormone at age 20, 200 micrograms at age 40, and 25 micrograms at age 80. At age 40 our human growth hormone production is only 40% of what we produced at age 20. The fall in IGF-1 levels with age is identical to the decline of growth hormone.

in that link that i posted, check out the 95th percentile in total plasma testosterone levels...they're highest in the 25-34 age group

Keep it beefy said:
in that link that i posted, check out the 95th percentile in total plasma testosterone levels...they're highest in the 25-34 age group

But in terms of averages, the under 25 cohort seems to be higher?? Am I missing something?

Top Bottom