Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many calories do you eat per day?

katalista

I was just curious about how many calories everyone gets per day. Micronutrient breakdown too, if you care to share it.

I never really count calories...just eat clean 6-7 times a day..gettin in roughly 2000-2400 a day...just depends...I do a carb rotation w/ my diet...when getting ready for a show...high/low days...everyone is different, it depends on how active you are, your metabolism, how you train etc....what works for me, may not work for you....you have to find what works for you...done best by trial and error...write what you eat down..keep a notebook...see what works for you...watch your body...then go from there...I think we end up readin to much and worry how many calories, how much fat? how many carbs? Just eat and eat clean...dont get so picky and detailed about everything..I think we make it harder than it really is!

I eat about 1,500-2,000 cal per day... more or less 150g-200g protein... carbs vary, anywhere from 100g-200g... I just started using Fitday.com to calculate all the %'s for me, since I'm too lazy to do it myself... and today added up to 45%protein, 30%carbs, 25%fat(12%poly, 7%mono, 4%sat).

Personally on a day I do weights, now that I want to lose body fat (I'm 'cutting' so to speak) I'll eat at least 1,800, upwards of 2,200 (If I'm hungry). If I did cardio & weights I'd shoot for 2,200 to 2,400.

I had my Master-degreed exercise physiologist friend, who's been published with the journal of NSCA, do calculations for me. She said, "DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT go lower than 1,700 with your activity level if you don't want to lose LBM". -> which I don't.

I'm 24 YO, 5'4", 138# & body fat unknown but not too high (at that weight & height, I'm in a size 6, sometimes 8). I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day & in my car for 1.5-2 hrs, but otherwise I'm exercising or running around active.

oh yea - nutrients. I aim 40P-40C-20F but allow myself to deviate a bit so long as any more carbs or fats are good complex carbs & healthy fats. I posted my diet a little back on a thread, "Critique my diet, please".

Gladiola said:

I had my Master-degreed exercise physiologist friend, who's been published with the journal of NSCA, do calculations for me. She said, "DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT go lower than 1,700 with your activity level if you don't want to lose LBM". -> which I don't.

maybe if you are natural...but most of us as well as you i think are not so that whole lose LBM comment goes out the window.

ive known many HUGE guys, NPC competitors and pros, drop down to as low as 1200 cals a day the last few weeks before a show.

I dont like that 1700 # that person just threw around, where does she get it from?

NY Muscle said:

maybe if you are natural...but most of us as well as you i think are not
:) Nope, I didn't go thru with it - I'm still natural.

Here's exactly what she wrote to me
Just did the calculations for your caloric intake. Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT drop your calories any further! According to the equations and based on your current weight and activity level, you need to be eating between 2116 and 2268 calories per day to maintain your present weight. That's a good 300-500 more than what you are eating now. For losing, the max you would want to cut calories from the 2116 would be between 250 and 500 per day. You are as low as you need to go to. The body does very weird things if you are training hard and not eating enough, like breaking down muscle, storing fat and just generally leaving you feeling blah
Besides the whole LBM thing, I also just lose my mind when my calories are too low. Not worth it to me. I have lost fat in 2.5 weeks thus far on 1,800 cal - give or take 200 or so.

Gladiola said:

:) Nope, I didn't go thru with it - I'm still natural.

Here's exactly what she wrote to me

Besides the whole LBM thing, I also just lose my mind when my calories are too low. Not worth it to me. I have lost fat in 2.5 weeks thus far on 1,800 cal - give or take 200 or so.

what do you weigh? and height? any idea on BF%?
how much cardio u do a week? how intense?
how many days a week you lift and how long?

spatterson said:
This is another cals in/cals out issue. I routinely drop fat at 2200+ cals, but it's because I burn 3000+. Most "NPC BBs" and especially ones using AS, aren't doing the power lifting, sprinting, cardio, and 2 year old chasing I do. I'm sure if they burned 3000-4000 cals, they could eat 2000 and still cut.

A 315lb male at 10 –12% body fat burns a hell of a lot more calories just sitting on his ass as does say a 170lb female at 18-20+% bodyfat.

spatterson said:
Most "NPC BBs" and especially ones using AS, aren't doing the power lifting, sprinting, cardio, and 2 year old chasing I do.

Have you ever seen how much cardio a pro BB does during pre contest? you think Lee Priest only does 45 minutes a day? try 2hrs +

When im in pre contest mode im doing cardio 2 times a day at 45 minutes a shot and im not even close to the size of these guys or even close to the amount of bodyfat they have to lose.

I'd like to see if you could step on stage at 2000 cals a day right up to the show...i dont know any females who can, let alone MALES.

:)

spatterson said:
Gladiola, I have a note in to the editor of physicalmag...I'm hoping that you won't really have to "starve yourself" to look like her. Some genes like hers may in order though. :)
;) Good to hear - I'm sure you'll keep us posted. I do think the lower # I read in M&F hers (somewhere around 1,500 - 1,700) was probably NOT a misprint since she made the statement, "I'm always hungry."

No matter, I just admire her look. I will NEVER look like her anyway- but that is because even Jenny doesn't look like Jenny! :) I've only ever seen photos of her & we all have heard from BMom how a photo is not an accurate reflection of reality.

I'm not interested in stepping on a stage right now either. :confused: I didn't think that was what this thread was about anyway. :eek2: There actually is more to life than BB competitions. I know, I know, how can I SAY such a thing?? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom