Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Importance in order of bodyparts worked out

Yeah your right---I failed on the pressing part----I am worried for tomorrow that I am still gonna be stuck at the same weight for clean and presses---but everything else still going up---nothing but praise to you for this program---just gotta keep taking in clean calories I guess

Maybe cheat on the press and turn it into a push press when needed - that's a good way around it if you aren't already doing it (even jerk a few if you wish). If even that won't let you get your volume just clean the final reps and forget the press.

Well I went up in my clean and presses and got all 5 sets of 5 with the weight I could only get for 1 and 1/2 sets last week so I am pretty happy about my workout---got all the deads too...good day

Well Madcow---I finished the 4 volume weeks---I feel good, putting up the most weight in all my lifts that I ever have---I'm ready for the 3x3---one question though, how should my lifts be during this deloading week? Should I use the same weight for my lifts that I just finished with in week 4 or should I continue to up the weight? BTW I am going to run the 3x week deloading phase--

Week5 weights should be the same as you used in week4. It'll seem like a breeze but it's meant to. Kind of like active recovery.

Have a nice holiday week. :)

In addition, depending on how you feel you can be more conservative with week 6 weights to give yourself some extra recovery.

Just recalling from earlier conversation, you probably have a good amount of time left in off-season. Given that you are already putting up fairly record or close to record weight, that should put you in position for a lot of progress into virgin territory and put you well into your best condition from a strength standpoint at the beginning of the season. Sounds like everything is going great for you. Wait until the deloading kicks in and see how much stronger you get - I'm assuming the workload was enough to fatigue you decently so the rebound should be significant. Level of fatigue this past week and the rebound are something to keep note of for the next cycle as you'll be able to plan it out better with more accurate weights and tweak ramping and overall workload since you'll have a better idea of your tolerance.

Ok---just to let you know I am the strongest I have ever been in all my lifts---couldn't be happier---had my first deload workout today---felt really nice to just have 3x3's today---now as far as the rebound and deloading---how should I feel? I don't think I am that fatigued---but at the same time today's workout of 3x3 felt really good---also I am due back in school at the end of august--can't use the 5x5 anymore once I get to school

Okay - you'll still make a lot of progress in the 3x3 portion so that gives you another 4-5 weeks which puts you right about on track for your return to school. Really glad this worked out for you, I knew that it would but it's always satisfying to hear someone really enthused and happy about their progress and what they've attained.

The idea is to get an idea of your tolerances so you know what kind of work capacity you have - it sounds like there's a good chance you can tolerate more but it's really hard to know for sure. It kind of depends on how you set your weights - generally the best barometer is your second run through (sequential so next off-season or some such wouldn't qualify) because you know yourself a bit better and with relevant previous maxes in all lifts you are really able to dial in the weights. Ideally, you want both week 3 and 4 to be new records so both are in excess of previous bests and it's a lot easier to do this after you are already up to level.

That said, if you really pushed yourself you know that you can be more aggressive next time in setting the weights. In being conservative (which is essential for a first run through because reaping 80% is a lot better than 10% if you botch the weights) people generally wind up with a semi-loading phase where they are really only breaking records in week 4. Two weeks of this pace with relevant maxes is a different story (ask anyone here) but assuming you were to tolerate a 2 week heavy loading period well with this volume you'd gradually start phasing out the 1x5 workouts and transitioning them into 5x5's. Maybe not all at once but several sets at a time (say 2 ramped sets of 5 and then 3x5 with the top weight) and then later M/F become mirrors of each other with 5x5 each although some people might still rachet one of the days down a bit at first to a lower weight. Since the squat is the biggest driver it's the one you want to be fairly conservative with. I mean, obviously the current volume works pretty well for you so it's not like it's so far off that you need to rachet everything. Basically, just something to keep in mind over time and the whole reason a training log is valuable (plus, your body will gradually adapt to higher workloads over time so you if you continue to train seriously over extended periods this is something that you will eventually have to account for).

Anyway, keep us updated on the 3x3 portion and how it goes. You should be really happy by the time you get to campus as a lot of people really enjoy pushing the weight up here after the volume phase.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cut
Top Bottom