Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Recipe Thread!!

Miss24k said:
Hmmm because I just got a new diet for the final weeks before my comp, hell I'm not allowed and salad dressing, just vinegar, so right now I can't make any of this stuff.

Oh the new diet is soooo sad, I think I want to cry :(

Ah!! I forgot you were competing -- I can't keep track!! LOL

I'll bet you can't wait till the after-party!!

Saw this recipe on the "Everyday Italian" TV show -- made a few substitutions for us bodybuilders..... ;) I think this will make a festive, spring side dish....

Tomatoes Stuffed with Rice

1 cup Brown rice, cooked & rinsed
6 ripe but firm large tomatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil, for drizzling
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
1/8 - 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, optional (could substitute bread crumbs, wheat bran, etc) (The hard kind, in the block, it's naturally low in fat)

**Chef's Note: I think it would also be nice to add some chopped/minced veggies like scallion, peas, broccoli, asparagus, etc....

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Cut a 1/2-inch thick slice off the top of each tomato; reserve the tomato tops. Cut and scoop the seeds, pulp, and juice from each tomato into a small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the tomato juice and pulp.

Spray the bottom of an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place the hollowed tomatoes in the prepared dish.

Toss the rice with the reserved tomato juice and pulp. Add garlic, basil, parsley, and salt and pepper, to taste. (If you need a little liquid use a tiny bit of vegetable broth) Combine well.

Spoon the rice mixture into the hollowed tomatoes, mounding slightly. Sprinkle leftover stuffing on the bottom of the pan. Drizzle entire dish with olive oil. Top tomatoes with Parmesan/breadcrumbs/toppings, if using. Place the reserved tomato slices atop the tomatoes. Bake until the rice is heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.

Once baked, you may wish to remove the skin from the tomatoes for asethic purposes.

Lentil Couscous

1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped carrots, optional (I used thawed, frozen)
1/2 cup dried lentils
1/2 cup Wheat Pilaf mix, dry (without sauce/spice packet) (Near East is the brand I used)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. salt
Fresh rosemary, if desired
2 - 3 cups vegetable broth

Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Coat pan liberally with cooking spray. Add onion to pan, cook 5 minutes till golden/soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic, cook 30 seconds, stirring occasionally. Add broth, lentils, pilaf, vegetables & spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer, covered for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until lentils & pilaf are cooked & most of broth is absorbed. Add more broth during cooking if mix begins to dry out.

** Other vegetables may be added such as: 1 package chopped, thawed spinach; cooked, chopped asparagus; peas, etc...

Orange "Poke" Cake

(let's keep the comments G rated ;)

1 package Yellow or White Cake Mix
Egg White Substitute
~ 1/2 can Diet Orange Soda
1 package Orange SF Jello Mix (dry)
1 cup boiling water
FF Cool Whip

Cake:
In a large bowl combine: dry cake mix, 1/3 cup egg substitute (equivalent to 3 eggs), 1/2 can soda, ~ 2/3 cup water. Beat with mixer until moist. Pour into a 13x9 inch glass baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Once cake is completely cooled, poke holes in the cake with large fork or knife coated in cooking spray. Combine package of Jello with 1 cup boiling water till completely dissolved & pour over cake, into holes. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Frost with FF Cool Whip as desired.

Other flavors:

Strawberry Jello + White Cake Mix + Sliced Strawberries
Yellow/White Cake Mix + Lime Jello
Mixed Berry Jello + White Cake Mix + Mixed Berries

Someone give me a damn recipe for fish in the oven. :) lol Something yummy ... with chilean sea bass, tilapia, or something similar. :) :chomp: :)

Daisy_Girl said:
Someone give me a damn recipe for fish in the oven. :) lol Something yummy ... with chilean sea bass, tilapia, or something similar. :) :chomp: :)

Well, what flavor do you want?? Easy, more involved??

I like tilapia baked simply with Cajun spice & pepper or with lemon juice squeezed over it....

Grouper with Puttanesca Sauce

from Cooking Light Magazine....

4 (6-ounce) grouper or flounder fillets
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Cooking spray
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup thinly sliced onion
1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
1/3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
2 tablespoons capers
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)

Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
While fish cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic, oregano, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in olives and capers; cook 1 minute. Spoon tomato mixture over fish. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet, 3/4 cup tomato mixture, and 1 tablespoon chopped parsley)

NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 238(18% from fat); FAT 4.8g(sat 0.8g,mono 2.5g,poly 0.8g); PROTEIN 35.5g; CHOLESTEROL 63mg; CALCIUM 142mg; SODIUM 736mg; FIBER 1.5g; IRON 2.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 12g

jenscats5 said:
Well, what flavor do you want?? Easy, more involved??

I like tilapia baked simply with Cajun spice & pepper or with lemon juice squeezed over it....

How about we start with easy and basic, but maybe with a couple simple ingredients or spices ......... :)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Daisy_Girl said:
How about we start with easy and basic, but maybe with a couple simple ingredients or spices ......... :)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Again, Tilapia simply baked with lemon/lime juice, Cajun spice, pepper and/or any Mrs Dash flavors....be sure to spray the pan with cooking spray so it won't stick....

Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb is good & you could bake the fish with that & some veggie broth....

Tomato Herb Mrs Dash with some canned diced tomatoes....

Mrs Dash Extra Spicy + some broth or some of the Jalapeno Diced Tomatoes

Lemon Pepper seasoning + a little extra lemon juice or broth

Here's a recipe from M&F Hers this month that sounds good:

Snapper Vera Cruz

1/3 cup chopped onion
2 large garlic cloves, minced or crushed
2/3 cup chopped, seeded fresh plum tomatoes (or canned diced tomatoes)
2 Tblsp minced fresh Jalapeno chili peppers
1/4 up finely chopped green olives (about 6 Queen Size)
1 Tblsp. capers
1/4 tsp. salt
3 Tblsp water
2 snapper fillets, 6 oz each (or halibut or haddock)
1 whole lime
Cooking spray

Spray a medium frying pan with spray & place it over medium-high heat. Add onion & garlic & cook until tender, but not browned, approx. 3-5 minutes.

Add tomatoes, jalapenos, olives, capers, salt & water. Allow mixture to boil, cover pan, then reduce heat & simmer until tomatoes are slightly softened & warm, approx. 7-10 minutes.

Add fish to simmering sauce & squeeze juice of the entire lime over the fillets. Spoon some sauce on top, then cover pan & cook about 6-10 minutes until fish is no longer translucent. Serve immediately.

Top Bottom