Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The "true" 5X5 program ?

wnt2bBeast said:
im not really sure what youre saying..the 102% is applied to the core lifts (squat bench dead) so lets say your current 1 rm is 500 102% of that is 510..make sense?

The last column are assistance lifts meaning exercises that will help to increase the core lifts..there is a list of them under that table..this doesnt mean that you need assistance or a spot although you should use a spotter when you feel you need one!

Regardless of communication (or my incapibility of LoL) I get the gist of it and the article. :supercool

the 5x5 that I have posted also has more of an emphasis on hypertrophy/size gains and less on strength than the typical variations do

Needsize's 5x5 program is solid IMO. I'm on it again right now while trying to put on size through fall and winter.

I too am on Needsizes version of the 5x5.
So far so good, HOWEVER I'm not too far into the prog (few weeks) so i'm just ending my running start.

And I had to reset my tri exercises... I was doing 5x5 on the skull crushers (tri bar), and Close Grip BP for my secondary... Thought it better to switch em up? What do you guys think would be more effective??

I also wanted to know something.. I used to do High Vol & High intensity - it got me no where... 5x5 is my first step at not just working out hard, but working out SMART.
What I wanted to know was would it be acceptable, and in line with the premise of the prog to add 1 more set to the secondary workouts??
ex.
5x5 Close Grip
instead of 2 sets, do 3 sets of skull crushers at 6-8 reps
2 sets of extensions.

ex2.
5x5 flat BP
not 2, but now 3 sets of Incline DB press. 6-8 reps
2 sets of flies 10reps

Whatda think...
Now i must master patience and eating!

georgie24 said:
where's needsizes original thread about 5x5?? you guys confuse the shit out of my with this 4x5 5x5 3x5 shit

training methods sticky at the top of the page

I'm usinga Poliquin rutine for my stubblorn arms right now, bit I'm also a lower volume type pf of person. An example for my chest workout would look as follows -

5x5 for flat bench
1 set Hammer Strength Incline prsses for8-12 slow controlled reps
1 set of Body Master Flyes for 8-12 slow controlled reps.

trry that out and see how it goes for ya.

Top Bottom