Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does cycling/BMX build leg strength?

ronki23

I saw ex co worker after almost 7 years at gym today

He was skinny and had acne before but now is balding and has a gut

He's my age

How on earth is he able to Deadlift 280lb for 1 rep, 250lb for 3 or 200lb for 5???

His technique was shitty and it was his first time doing it. He wore a belt

I do 200lbx 5 and 225lbx2 unbelted and that's after following program for 6 months with gluttony diet

All I know is e used to be into cycling.

again, average physique with gut.

BMX cycling isnt going to build leg strength anywhere close to what road cycling will. Road Bikes are the king of leg workouts you will shred your legs on a road bike. BMX is just for show.

Some people just have certain strnghts that you may not. Focus on your weakness and strive to improve.

BMX racers typically have massive 30 second power and the ability to spin at a very high cadence. A typical Moto is a very short, high intensity race. Surprisingly they have freakish forearms from rocking the bike to generate power. The guys with the strongest/biggest quads typically are track cyclist where the gearing is a fixed single speed and you have to push harder to go faster.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness.com - Anabolic Steroids, Bodybuilding

late into the game here, but cycling in general is a very tough workout when using the right gearing and going up harder climbs (+8 % grades) - could explain the power he's putting out in the gym. i've been cycling for several years now and my legs are bigger than even when i used to play soccer. any leg exercises i do are rather easy for me due to the added stress and conditioning i give my legs when cycling 70-200 miles weekly throught the spring/summer/fall months!

Cyclists can squat huge amounts of weight for their bodyweight. But they'll feel sore like hell. The downwards movement of the legs they're so used to is how they've developed their strength; the upward movement doesn't give much resistence. Translating that into the squat, when you're in the concentric (going up), they're using their strength, but it's the eccentric phase (going down) that they'll get obliterated because they don't have the same resistance on the bike of their eccentric phase when pedalling.

Top Bottom