mixing protein shakes in a blender

Posted: 08-Jul-2002 08:50 PM

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about mixing protein shakes in a blender within the Diet & Bodybuilding category.

Excerpt: i have heard that mixing protein shakes in the blender then drinking them is not as effective as just mixing them with a spoon or something and leaving it all clumpy. frankly i hate the taste of clump and was wondering if the blender thing was a myth of had some reasoning behind it....

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Members

[Register!]

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 08-Jul-2002, 08:50 PM   #1
England
i have heard that mixing protein shakes in the blender then drinking them is not as effective as just mixing them with a spoon or something and leaving it all clumpy. frankly i hate the taste of clump and was wondering if the blender thing was a myth of had some reasoning behind it.
Gallery of jacobswell  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 08-Jul-2002, 08:53 PM   #2
AAA
United States
Gallery of AAA  
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post! Share on Facebook!Twit this!GoogleBookmarks!Reddit! StumbleUpon!SocialBookmarking!

Old 08-Jul-2002, 08:54 PM   #3
England
actually it was a freind "tails007" who saw me mixing up a 80g protein shake and said that i should use a fork. i still used it in a blender tho.
Gallery of jacobswell  

Old 08-Jul-2002, 08:55 PM   #4
Vatican City State
LOL. Please please have him explain why using a blender is no good.
Gallery of genarr3  
Lifetime Supporter of EliteFitness.com!
Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

Old 08-Jul-2002, 10:17 PM   #5
United States
I actually saw on a protein container that you shouldn't use a blender with it.... too bad I can't find it anymore... Something about how it breaks up the bonds and basically degrades it.
Gallery of Fantom604  

Old 08-Jul-2002, 10:21 PM   #6
Mexico
Somebody make sure and pass this on to Muscular Warrier. He might be mixing his Myoplex in a blender.
Gallery of creep  

Blender will have no negative effect

Old 08-Jul-2002, 10:30 PM   #7
Stomper1

Mechanical agitation will have no effect on the chemical bonds of the protein. It's like saying that a blender will break up water into hydrogen and oxygen. Last time I checked that didn't happen.

As long as you don't throw the shake into the microwave you are fine

Re: Blender will have no negative effect

Old 08-Jul-2002, 10:34 PM   #8
Vatican City State
Originally posted by Stomper1
It's like saying that a blender will break up water into hydrogen and oxygen. Last time I checked that didn't happen.
It just so happens my blend DOES do this. It's quite annoying.
Gallery of genarr3  
Lifetime Supporter of EliteFitness.com!
Click here to upgrade for Unrestricted Search, Live Chat, Full Size Pics, Private Boards, 5000 PM's, and more...

blender

Old 08-Jul-2002, 10:44 PM   #9
Stomper1

Haha, well then your wiring is f'd and you have a current going through the water. Probably not the safest thing

Talking

Old 08-Jul-2002, 10:54 PM   #10
United States
I just press the clump button on my blender and it clumps the protein up tight and I swallow them like golf balls and chase them with milk I find that I get a good pump afterwards hehe in my mid section for some reason.
Gallery of pittbull2