Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cheerio's vs. Oatmeal

ConstantChange

I'm looking for a good meal to start the day with. If I'm correct, this is the time I need to eat most of my carbs and they should be complex carbs.

I bought some quaker oats oatmeal and tried to eat it. It tasted so bad to me I could only eat about a 1/4th of what I fixed. Here is the nutrition facts from the package:
Calories: 150 (1/2 cup dry serving)
Total Fat: 3g
Sat Fat: 0.5g
Polysat Fat: 1g
Monosat Fat: 1g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 0mg
Total Carb: 27g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Soluble Fiber: 2g
Insoluble Fiber: 2g
Sugars: 1g
Protein: 5g

I looked at the Cheerio's box and saw that the nutrition facts were pretty close and I like the taste of them. Here is the Cheerio's nutrition facts:
Calories: 110 (1 cup dry serving)
Total Fat: 2g
Sat Fat: 0g
Ploysat Fat: 0.5g
Monosat Fat: 0.5g
Sodium: 280mg
Potassium: 95mg
Total Carbs: 22g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Soluble Fiber: 1g
Other Carbs: 18g
Protein: 3g

Would replacing the oatmeal with Cheerio's be a good idea?

Stick with the oatmeal..don't use the instant, doesn't taste as good as the old fashioned. Cook it in water in the microwave, when it's done add a little skim milk and splenda (I use 6 per 1c oats), and some cinnamin. Taste great!

I don't think it would be a horrible idea - not necessarily a good idea either...

Depends on your goals. If you're in hardcore diet mode for a competition, I'd say it's safer to stick with straight steel cut oats....the more processed a food is, pound for pound, the less nutrients it will retain - it's as simple as that.

Bottom line with processed cereal is that you don't really know what you're getting ---- case in point....check out this link:

http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com/sc/0206/goldies.html

But no need to be paranoid - so unless you're heading into a show, eat your cheerios and be happy!

ConstantChange said:
I'm looking for a good meal to start the day with. If I'm correct, this is the time I need to eat most of my carbs and they should be complex carbs.

I bought some quaker oats oatmeal and tried to eat it. It tasted so bad to me I could only eat about a 1/4th of what I fixed. Here is the nutrition facts from the package:
Calories: 150 (1/2 cup dry serving)
Total Fat: 3g
Sat Fat: 0.5g
Polysat Fat: 1g
Monosat Fat: 1g
Sodium: 0mg
Total Carb: 27g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Soluble Fiber: 2g
Insoluble Fiber: 2g
Protein: 5g

I looked at the Cheerio's box and saw that the nutrition facts were pretty close and I like the taste of them. Here is the Cheerio's nutrition facts:
Calories: 110 (1 cup dry serving)
Total Fat: 2g
Sat Fat: 0g
Ploysat Fat: 0.5g
Monosat Fat: 0.5g
Sodium: 280mg
Potassium: 95mg
Total Carbs: 22g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Soluble Fiber: 1g
Other Carbs: 18g
Protein: 3g

Would replacing the oatmeal with Cheerio's be a good idea?

Personally, I'm a firm believer in oatmeal, for there are processed products in the cherios that are not talked about (check out the "other carbs"). If you really cannot stand oatmeal, than just go w/ the Chr.......

Mr.X

Top Bottom