Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is it just me or is ef different these days ?

This forum was brilliant when I first started posting here (2006), there were loads of posters, great characters loads of arguments etc, it was really the most no-holds barred forum I'd ever saw on the net at least, addictive reading. Now it seems sanitised and slow, worth a look every now and then but not unmissable reading like it use to be. It's like an online old folk's home now, we've all retired and are on the go-slow.

I've only been a member for (can't remember exactly, but maybe a year). I had visited many times since '06 or so, and only joined for the knowledge base in the main forums. Honestly, I probably would only have continued visiting (not joined) if I had to tread through tons of politics, rants, and e-fights in the main forums. The way it is now, is fine with me, if that means anything.

Charles

Something seems amiss. Its much tamer for sure, but somewhat flat
and odorless. I know there was a "housecleaning" of sorts and i'm
sure there was a need to get rid of some ill intentioned peeps who
used the boards as a catharsis for their anger and disatisfaction.

It feels a little constrictive and pedestrian. Am i being over the top?
Is it the stark contrast from the wild west days of JH1, Jacksparrow
and Heather ?

Great bunch of peeps here, old and new, but i'm just tryin' to figure
out the lack of punch.

it say it seeming more like a family, than a community. not necessarily a bad thing, but the only people that but heads at the moment are mitch and rachel, and so there is a lack of drama, and not very much confliction of ideas

I have done my best to spread hate and discontent. I can not do it alone. I need someone to fight back, lOLZ

yup, it's tamer.

why? less work for the mods, less liability for admin. plus, letting flame wars and drama fester in chat doesn't bring in new members for the site, but it does lose paying members who are either driven away or disgusted by it. EF is a business and although I've fought to keep chat as loose as possible, the fact remains that what's good for business and keeps the site running and profitable is what will work.

^^^^^ Tru dat... The reality is: this forum is a business. It's main objective is to make $$$$. Not provide a place for all our rhetoric.

PPL aren't going to pay money to be flamed out all the time. While I myself enjoy seeing all the angst, and can fully appreciate that this isn't real life, it's the interwebs where thick skin is required. Others may not feel that way...

At any rate, I think if Stilleto, Willow, Nan, Sammoth, Sherlene, Rachel, and all the other hawties would just post newds there would be no need for this thread and we would all have plenty to talk about! no? Come on, you know it's true...:biggrin:

This forum was brilliant when I first started posting here (2006), there were loads of posters, great characters loads of arguments etc, it was really the most no-holds barred forum I'd ever saw on the net at least, addictive reading. Now it seems sanitised and slow, worth a look every now and then but not unmissable reading like it use to be. It's like an online old folk's home now, we've all retired and are on the go-slow.

LOL... it's like the movie 'Cocoon'.

Not really, but yeah... watered down version exhilerating, but but that makes sense 2.
Saloon gun fights aren't good for business.

^^^^^ Tru dat... The reality is: this forum is a business. It's main objective is to make $$$$. Not provide a place for all our rhetoric.

PPL aren't going to pay money to be flamed out all the time. While I myself enjoy seeing all the angst, and can fully appreciate that this isn't real life, it's the interwebs where thick skin is required. Others may not feel that way...

At any rate, I think if Stilleto, Willow, Nan, Sammoth, Sherlene, Rachel, and all the other hawties would just post newds there would be no need for this thread and we would all have plenty to talk about! no? Come on, you know it's true...:biggrin:

LOL... I've got coffee running out of my nose.
Samoth? Post grad studies on quantum physics and condensed matter get you hawt bro?
J/K... I'm guessing U mean Stefka?

Top Bottom