Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Accepting who we are.....

blueta2

We are never good enough, thin enough, big enough, smart enough, rich enough etc?
I, for one, am always crucifying myself to do better.
This site a perfect place to ask this b/c many here strive for perfection.
I'm not saying we should lose perspective on our goals, but why the need to always be better when what we have is really ok??!
Why can't we just accept who we are and what we have?

i am AAP and i'm fine with that.
it's shadow that I hate being. :(

but really, i'm fine with myself. Not that i'm perfect of course, but i don't sweat the things that aren't great. what ev a.

blueta2 said:
We are never good enough, thin enough, big enough, smart enough, rich enough etc?
I, for one, am always crucifying myself to do better.
This site a perfect place to ask this b/c many here strive for perfection.
I'm not saying we should lose perspective on our goals, but why the need to always be better when what we have is really ok??!
Why can't we just accept who we are and what we have?
We are hard wired as animals to do so. Read Temple Grandin's book, "Animal communication," seeking behavior is hardwired into our brains. It makes us happier than anything else, really (the old saw about a guy who is only interested in the chase?) Striving to be richer, bigger, more ripped, have a bigger house, faster car, etc., it's all a variation on Seeking behavior.

When I am S-to the-O, I am pretty much OK. It is when I am MTS or Larry that I find myself really worrying about how things are going for me.

Reactions: ceo
musclemom said:
We are hard wired as animals to do so. Read Temple Grandin's book, "Animal communication," seeking behavior is hardwired into our brains. It makes us happier than anything else, really (the old saw about a guy who is only interested in the chase?) Striving to be richer, bigger, more ripped, have a bigger house, faster car, etc., it's all a variation on Seeking behavior.

I understand the desires to have or do better, but if let's say someone has a great body, they worked hard, they look great, but they still feel fat or not big enough. That is past striving and going into not accepting.
It's really exhausting always trying to be "better" when if we can just accept our worries and stress will lessen

stilleto said:
i am AAP and i'm fine with that.
it's shadow that I hate being. :(

but really, i'm fine with myself. Not that i'm perfect of course, but i don't sweat the things that aren't great. what ev a.

It's cool to be fine with yourself, but then you and I have this constant worry. Why worry? Are things not good enough?! See what I'm saying.

I'm feeling very philosophical today.....;-)

aap, I'm sorry this thread is beyond your pea brain of understanding, I'll start a "would you hit it" or a "Building an addition to my hillbilly house" soon ok hunny bunch!

blueta2 said:
It's cool to be fine with yourself, but then you and I have this constant worry. Why worry? Are things not good enough?! See what I'm saying.

I'm feeling very philosophical today.....;-)

aap, I'm sorry this thread is beyond your pea brain of understanding, I'll start a "would you hit it" or a "Building an addition to my hillbilly house" soon ok hunny bunch!

i do worry a lot, but not so much about myself. more about things like my kids or the future or something i'm planning or if something i'm doing will be successful.
i worry about my failing memory, but that's an understandable worry IMO. about being "good enough"- i don't worry.

Top Bottom