Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Netlson - How to choose a Nettle Supplement

doublebicep

NorCal Bodybuilder
Platinum
What should I look for in choosing a Nettle supplement to inhibit DHT formation and increase free test?

Here are some examples / choices:

BAC
===
NETTLE ROOT 10:1 Urtica dioica, European pharmaceutical grade extract, with scopoletin >30 ppm, B sitosterol >.8%, & amino acids >5%.

100 grams

Nature's Way
==========
Nettle Herb 870mg.

Also, does Freeze-Dried Stinging Nettles offer any advantages over normal extracted Nettles?

Netteles is a mixed blessing. It's the best stuff out there for the prostate IMO but the fact that it may reduce DHT isn't necessarily a good thing. Of course, if you want to help your prostate you might as well lower SHBG and Nettle does that very well, whereas Saw Palmetto does not.

Another thing about Nettele is larger doses didn't seem to lower SHBG anymore than a modest 100mgdose. That's why I went with just a 100mgs dosage in UNLEASHED. Anymore may lower DHT too much. It's all a delicate balance.

Both companies you mentioned use good stuff, but I'm not sure of any advantage or disadvantage to the freeze dried process.

Great, thanks Nelson.

Another thing about Nettele is larger doses didn't seem to lower SHBG anymore than a modest 100mgdose. That's why I went with just a 100mgs dosage in UNLEASHED. Anymore may lower DHT too much. It's all a delicate balance.

That is interesting. I look at UNLEASHED. Reaonable price. I will give it a try. Saw Palmetto gave me itchy nips. Not fun at all.

Top Bottom