Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Natural Testosterone Boosters

Anyone know about or tried either of these products?
Designer Supplements Activate Xtreme

ThermoLife International Store - sports nutrition, dietary supplements, body building, thermogenics

Wondering if they are any good. Or if anyone knows of any others?
Besides PP's products which I know everyone loves, just seeing what else is available.. maybe some stuff that is easier to order in Canada.

First product is alright.. Heard a lot of good about it. main active ingredent is danevil aka stinging nettle root extract aka 2a 17a di methyl-etiocholan 3-one

I know a lot about this as I was looking into making a product a wile back and this was going to be one of my ingredents. So I will just give you a cut and past of the notes I was taking at the time.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

2a 17a di methyl-etiocholan 3-one

First off, divanil is not really a "made up name." It comes directly from the active ingredient, 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran.

Now, if you know anything about herbs and extracts, you'll know that each herb in nature has several extracts, and nettle root is not an exception. It has 4 or 5 extracts that show minimal, marginal, and high affinities for binding to shbg. It just so happens that 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran is the extract with the very highest affinity.

That means if you buy a generic nettle root extract product, you might get several different extracts, many of them not having nearly the effect of divanil. In fact, you could end up with very little 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran at all, depending on how abundant it is.

You can read more here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...941&query_hl=1

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...660&query_hl=1

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...605&query_hl=4

Within the human body is a globular protein called Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG). SHBG binds to male androgens such as testosterone, rendering that testosterone “inactive.” That is, it makes it impossible for testosterone to bind to the androgen receptor and stimulate muscle cell growth! That’s bad for us looking to pack on muscle, and to make it even worse, SHBG naturally binds over 90% of your testosterone! Talk about making it next to impossible to grow naturally.

So how does Mass FX stop SHBG from rending your testosterone inactive? We utilized the highest 95% pure extract available today of a lignan contained in nettle root called Divanil. Divanil has a very strong binding affinity to SHBG, making it next to impossible for SHBG to bind with testosterone. What that means for you is that you now have a massive quantity of free testosterone that can bind with your androgen receptors and detonate an explosive anabolic chain reaction within your muscle cells, igniting massive muscle growth that was impossible to achieve before.

Furthermore, Divanil is a very healthy and safe ingredient for all athletes. Divanil can increase an enzyme known as endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS). The more eNOS present, the more nitric oxide gets produced. Elevated levels of nitric oxide dramatically flood and engorge muscles with blood, yielding massive muscle pumps, road map vascularity and increased stamina, all of which enhance athletic performance.

I believe I've seen it mentioned that each bottle of Activate has 150g of powder. Each bottle lasts 15 days so you take 10g per day of the powder. That means with 70% extract you are getting 7g of the active ingredient each day. Now go check other brands to see what the potency is. I doubt any are standardized for that particular extract so comparison will be hard.

Planta Med. 1997 Dec;63(6):529-32. Related Articles, Links

Lignans from the roots of Urtica dioica and their metabolites bind to
human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).

Schottner M, Gansser D, Spiteller G.

Lehrstuhl Organische Chemie I, Universitat Bayreuth, Germany.

Polar extracts of the stinging nettle (Urtica dioica L.) roots contain
the ligans (+)-neoolivil, (-)-secoisolariciresinol, dehydrodiconiferyl
alcohol, isolariciresinol, pinoresinol, and 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran.
These compounds were either isolated from Urtica roots, or obtained
semisynthetically. Their affinity to human sex hormone binding globulin
(SHBG) was tested in an in vitro assay. In addition, the main intestinal
transformation products of plant lignans in humans, enterodiol and
enterolactone, together with enterofuran were checked for their activity.
All lignans except (-)-pinoresinol developed a binding affinity to SHBG in
the in vitro assay. The affinity of (-)-3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran was
outstandingly high. These findings are discussed with respect to potential
beneficial effects of plant lignans on benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).

PMID: 9434605 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

By now you’ve heard all about the incredible nettle extract that has the amazing ability to free up bound testosterone. MassFX™ uses an ultra high (95%) potency quality extract. This is the highest quality extract available today.

How does it work? Most circulating testosterone is bound to a plasma protein called Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) and is thus inactive. SHBG normally binds over 90% of your total testosterone so that it cannot exert its effects on androgen receptors (ARs). DVTHF is a lignan found in stinging nettle, which binds to SHBG allowing your testosterone to be freed so that it binds to Androgen Receptors for muscle growth. This lignan shows very high binding affinity for SHBG being practically equal to that of DHT, the standard! Although free test is significantly elevated at the recommended dose, so is total test and amazingly estradiol is lowered! The lack of estradiol production from the higher free test levels in Mass FX™ is related to the sterol content of the 25R-diol™.
-------------------------------------------------------

I have no Idea what I was thinking at the time. No idea what I was writing or where I got the info.. It was a old project I swept under the rug about 8 months ago.. Anyway pleanty of info there for you to look threw. I think there is a study or two posted about the effects of the ingredient and some other shit...

Pretty much the products are very over priced though and I can give you a place to get (95% pure danevil) on your own for a fuck of a lot cheaper. Hell I could make you a product right now that would be way better. Just send me a pm.

second products main active ingredent is the same as the first. Only they call it a cool new name 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran ya ya its fucking nettle root extract stop trying to give it new names..

second product how ever puts it all together in a (blend) when ever a product does that its garbage most of the time.. If a product don't list out what it has mg for mg of each ingredient then its because they don't want you to know they are only putting a little in. Same as the first product only the first product is better and I can still get you the same shit for cheaper with out all the hype you pay extra money for.

Top Bottom