Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Milk with protein or water

Dr. JK

After reading Nelson's post it made me wonder if I am really "flushing my porteing down the toilet". I take it either with skim milk or water.

Should I/we be taking the protein with 1 or 2% milk instead?

Also,
If I take the protein with water but eat some almonds at the same time, would my body retain more of the protein?

Thanks in advance

i use 2%. IMHO it depends on your metabolism. i don't know about the absorption, but i do know that i need to eat as many calories as possible without putting on fat. plus, it tastes like shit with water.

Nadr

I read once in a sports nutrition book, that, more than 1/2 pint (300ml) per day is enough for the body, he said that by having more than that would prevent the body absorbing protein, vitamins and minerals.. is this true or is it just another persons point of view?

I think it depends on what your looking to do.
1. If your looking to cut up take it with water - as this will avoid the carbs (all sugar) that you get when taking it with milk. Especially if you take a shake before bed.

2. If you bulking I would definetly take it with milk. As this provides you with extra calores and protein.

Personally I use skim milk, I think it tastes better and if you were to use it with 1-2% milk it would be much thicker, plus has extra fat, which I would rather get from eating a steak or something similiar.

I remember liftsiron saying something about using a fattier milk for absorbtion on another board. I think

Top Bottom