Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does Milk slow down protein digestion???

Milk protein is a slow digesting protein since the caseinate forms a gel in the stomach that takes fairly a long time to break down. However, milk actually promotes a higher GI/insulin spike for reason unknown at this time. So although the casein in slowly digested, it does not effect the GI/insulin rate of the carbs within tht meal. Adding fats and fiber will slow down the GI of everything. Milk protein has around 18-20% whey. To my awareness there is no studies showing both casein and whey combined and how their digestion is effected from the other. My guess is that the whey would be greatly slowed down from the caseinate, therefore, the wheys fast absorption benefit for post workout might be negated. Therefore, until more research is done, I say don't take a chance, and just stick with your whey only drinks post-workout. Milk may be a more appropriate choice for breakfast depending on your schedule. I'll see what else I can find on this if I have time.
MR. BMJ

Top Bottom