Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice on first competition, Needsize I've seen your pics!

Juiced2theGills said:
so with me being at 265 should I take a similar amount of carbs, proteins and EFA's for my contest?

I dont know, probably a little more, but I'm only an expert in what works for me

what were you doing for cardio needsize and when did you add it into the training,Im dead set on doing the junior level at the show here in nov but I have tons of time to get ready

I didnt do much cardio, I started too and my legs started to drop size so I dropped it, most was done through the super strict diet. The cardio I did do was on a cycle, 30 minutes first thing in the morning or late at night. Next time any cardio I do will just be brisk walking

needsize said:

I dont know, probably a little more, but I'm only an expert in what works for me

That's what everybody should be shooting for.

:)

thanks for the help,Im going to get a trainer,there is a lady who works at bodyline I guess she is a high level competitor and I hope to be able to afford her.

My advice would be as follows:

1- start dieting for the show right now, you are way too fat, even at 4-5 months out. As a result, you've got your work cut out for you, that's for sure. You need to be well under 10% 12wks out to have any chance at retaining most of your muscle, being ripped and hard on show date. Period. The body just doesn't change well that fast. Starting heavier you can get down there, yup, but, you will be skinny and you won't be hard. This is especially important because you are well over the optimal height for a bodybuilder. This is a BIG genetic disadvantage you have for bodybuilding competition.

2- Get a knowledgable contest prep advisor. It will be worth whatever you pay. If you find a good one, thier first advice will be #1 above.

Stillgoing said:
My advice would be as follows:

1- start dieting for the show right now, you are way too fat, even at 4-5 months out. As a result, you've got your work cut out for you, that's for sure. You need to be well under 10% 12wks out to have any chance at retaining most of your muscle, being ripped and hard on show date. Period. The body just doesn't change well that fast. Starting heavier you can get down there, yup, but, you will be skinny and you won't be hard. This is especially important because you are well over the optimal height for a bodybuilder. This is a BIG genetic disadvantage you have for bodybuilding competition.

2- Get a knowledgable contest prep advisor. It will be worth whatever you pay. If you find a good one, thier first advice will be #1 above.

What do you think I should keep my protein, carb, and fat intakes at?

And what is your input on daily cardio regimine?

Juiced2theGills said:

What do you think I should keep my protein, carb, and fat intakes at?

And what is your input on daily cardio regimine?

This is a tough call. Thats why a contest prep advisor would be critical. Also, make sure you get someone that has worked successfully with tall guys if you can. We are harder to get ready (I'm 6'2 and used to compete).

For me, again I'm a tall guy too, and the body type that gains mass well, but also fat (ecto endo I never logged those definitions into the old memory banks!!). To stay lean I have to go low carbs and to get and keep size I need lots of protein. I also need cardio. Right now I run around 450 grams of protein, 100grams of carbs and a fair amount of fat. Red meat is critical for size. I also do cardio 4x per week.

I would say run 400-450gr protein, 200-250 in carbs and moderate fat. Very clean diet. A couple cheat meals per week max. I'd start cardio 4x per week. Now some may really disagree with this, its what I would do only. Again, find an advisor. My point was though, in my opinion, you don't have any time to waste in lowering bf and maintaining muscle. At 264 and 18%, your only holding 216pds of muscle at 6'4. You can't afford to lose muscle.

Stillgoing said:

At 264 and 18%, your only holding 216pds of muscle at 6'4. You can't afford to lose muscle.

Technically, its 216 lbs of non-fat since that number includes the skeletal system, internal organs, skin, etc.

:)

Top Bottom