Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Test Ester removal

Barak

What would be the easiest (not necessarily best) method of separating the Ester off say Test Cypionate and Propionate to create an ester Free Test for Suspension

1 gm NaOH in 8 oz distilled H2O. Wash it twice, each time with fresh solution, then rinse, rinse, rinse in dist. H2O. I know it'll strip the prop, I don't know about the cyp. Jeeze, I'd rather have the prop or cyp than the base.

In a pinch I would probably heat the esters in denatured alcohol with a drop of H2SO4. You will, of course, be left with an impure solid.

This is from an article called "The Synovex Solution", on the Mind And Muscle website. This part of the article talks about stripping the prop off of test for transdermal use.

If you want to prepare the crystals for transdermal use, you need to remove the ester group. The supplies you need are sodium hydroxide, distilled water, and methanol. Dissolve the testosterone crystals in a minimun amount of methanol. In a separate container, dissolve 1/8 teaspoon of sodium hydroxide in 8 oz of hot distilled water. Once dissolved, add the sodium hydroxide solution to the methanol/test solution. This will turn white instantly. Let this react for a few minutes. Next add an additional 8 oz of water, to make sure all the salt that was formed is dissolved. The white stuff you see is pure unesterfied testosterone, and it should be filtered out. You should run water over the testosterone while it is on the filter to make sure all of the salts and hydroxides are removed. Ideally you would test the pH of the test to make sure all of the hydroxides are rinsed off.

Nucman said:
This is from an article called "The Synovex Solution", on the Mind And Muscle website. This part of the article talks about stripping the prop off of test for transdermal use.

Cyp and prop esters will experience the same (non-enzymatic) hydrolysis rate..

Did you ever see the movie Fight Club? I bet you guys never would have thought that Brad Pitt had the answer to this question... Remember in the movie how they obtained bags of adipose tissue from a hospital (I think), and then, who could forget the hand brands chemically generated with lye.. Original, I'll give them that.. Anyway, fat is triglyceride (has three esters), and soap is made when these esters are hydrolyzed. Even though ester hydrolysis is generally thought to be facile and down-hill doesn't mean a little elbow grease won't help it along.. That is why procedures involving ester hydrolysis call for boiling in NaOH solution.. I certainly wouldn't take the chance of the reaction not going to completion... But then again.. I also wouldn't be screwing around trying to get every last iota of estrogen seperated from an inferiour (un-esterifed) test product.... If it were a lesser-encountered drug (Oh, use your imagination), then MAYBE.. If I had to live some place with no electricity, Amish neighbors living 10miles away, and where mail comes just once a month... I might...... No I still wouldn't.. I don't mail order things, but I have to imagine sourcing a la USPS is like shooting fish in a barrell.. (which is easy)...

Andy

Top Bottom