Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Creatine Problems

Hey guys, I just finished the loading phase of creatine and just started experiencing kidney pains. Is this normal until my system adjusts or is it a sign that my system cannot handle the intake? During the loading phase I took 20 grams a day and have since dropped to 5 grams right after my workout and and another 5 grams about a half hour later mixed with grape juice. I have been drinking lots of water to stay hydrated, and have read articles of possible kidney problems with creatine but it just does not seem normal to me to experience this pain so early. Any advice would be appreciated.

[This message has been edited by Showboat Captain (edited April 17, 2001).]

I'm not too sure about the pains but it looks like you are using too much creatine. Since you have already done the loading phase I won't comment on that but now all you have to take is 5 grams a day after your work out for maintenance.

Peace

------------------
It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats

i see peeple suggesting 5 grams a day and no load.. but ive also seen peeple saying 20 grams a day.
i was taking 5 grams a day.. and wasent seeing much results, now ive just started tring 5 grams before i lift, 5 grams after i lift..
i drink water all day long..and have never had cramping or ne thing wrong with kidneys
my calves have cramped before but i dont think it was from creatine..maybe a little.. but some times at nite my legs would cramp up but i dont thinknit was assosiated with creatine

What, exactly, is kidney pain? Pain in the sides of your lower back? I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you're having pain in your abdomen it's not from creatine. Get it checked out by a doctor.

From what i've seen too much creatine
will give you the squirts but i've
never heard of "kidney pain". Get it
checked out by a doc. That's just wrong.

Thanks for the info guys, most of the pain was in the lower back area and after doing some research it looks like it was due to the loading phase and the excess creatine in my system. I countered that by drinking close to 8 litres of water a day and lots of cranberry juice the past few days. The pain is gone for now so hopefully that will be the end of it.

Cranberry juice helped the situation? Oh, I didn't think of it before, but you probably have/had a urinary tract infection. Cranberry juice will prevent/help cure this problem, but you should check with a doctor because this usually require antibiotics. I know because my girlfriend gets them. Creatine will not cause pain in your abdomen or lower back.

8 L a day? Holy crap, man. You shouldn't need to drink a small lake to counter creatine's needs. As long as you're constantly hydrated (your piss is close to clear) there shouldn't be a problem. The first signs of creatine induced dehydration will be cramping in your calves or forearms. fyi.

Top Bottom