Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ketosis/Cardio

Rockaho

I've been on the keto diet for a few weeks and I'm having great results. Not a lot of weight loss but I've gone from 36s' to 34s' and my 34s' are starting to get loose. My question is, What should my target heart rate be while doing cardio and how long should my sessions be in order to burn the most fat and the least muscle? Is it easier to burn muscle while in ketosis?

To be honest I haven't been keeping count of protien and fat. My carbs are below 10 gr./day. I am concious of protien and fat. I eat two to three cans of tuna in spring water mixed with Louisiana Hot Sauce, two to three grilled skinless chicken breast, 4 pices of turkey bacon, 3 egg whites, two whole eggs, porkrinds and sliced turkey for snacks. This is not everyday but the majority of what I eat. I'll mix in some porkchops and T-Bones sometimes. I'm taking a multi-V, potasium,Bcomplex,fishoil,chromium picolinate, and C.

it seems to me that you eat TOO LITTLE fat and too much protein... now as for the cardio you heart rate should be low, between 120-130 no higher then 134... it's easy to burn muscle in Ketosis and the bad thing is that you WILL burn muscle, unless you know how to carb up and supercompensate your muscles
your FAT/Protein ratio should be
65%/35% or 75%/25%
Hardcore bodybuilders really should use the 65/35 system in my opinion
My 2cents
Mr.X

Why do I need so much fat? I understand that fat keeps you from feeling hungry so often. On days that I have more fat I don't feel like eating every three hours, I may go eight hours without eating cause Im not hungry. I know that is not good for the metabolism. I take 6000mg. a day of fish oil. Also arn't saturated fats bad for you period?

I'll make this short and sweet, because I have said this on the board b4...
you need fat because KETOSIS, is a stage where your body is in "fat burning mode", this means your body burns fat as fuel, not Carbs, now if you have too much protein (then the protein can be broken down by the body into Pyruvic acid, Acetyl CO-enzyme A, and citric acid which are all products of GLUCOSE break down too) so In order for your body to burn fat efficiently you need to make your diet mostly fat, NOT mostly protein, or it will not work probably
Yes, your idea that saturated fats are bad for you is a feasible idea, yet you can try eating things like FLAXseed oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil, sesamese seed oil(just cook w/ them EXCEPT FLAXSEED OIL -000DO NOT COOK W/ it's nasty) take about 4 tbsp. of flax oil a day w/ the rest of "clean" fats, and you'll see awsome results ...make sure you get a 75/25 ratio
My 2cents
Mr.X

Of course It's way to early to see results in fat loss but there is no doubt the ketostix went from 10-15 mg/dL to about 80 mg/dL. So is this just the extra fat converting to ketones or is some of this fat from my gut.

its a combination of both... it takes fat to burn fat...

I had the same problem... once I started eating more fat I started losing more weight... it sounds crazy but its working!

I'm sorry but I don't buy that high fat on a keto diet bullshit. I think low carb (under 20g), mid fat (40-60 grams per day) and high protien (1 to 1.5 grams per pound of body wieght) is the way to go.

For exmple I'm 185 pounds so I consume 180-230 grams of protien a day. Just throw a couple of table spoons of flax seed oil in your shakes or on salads and you'll be fine. The pros will tell you to eat more fat but these guys are taking so much T3 and juice that they can drink motor oil and honey and it will still turn into muscle and not fat.

Bottom line is if you consume carbs and fat toghether, the average person can not use all that access energy for fuel, and some may convert to glucose, and then turn to into bodyfat. If you constrict one of the two then the one your consuming will be used for fuel. If you constrict both carbs and fat then your on the road to some seriuos fat burning with limited muscle loss if your protien is high.

I'm not saying I'm 100% right in all cases, but that's what works for me.

------------------
"It's like mind over matter. If you don't mind... IT DON'T MATTER"
-John Gotti, when asked how he felt about his life sentence

bullie.gif

My web site...
http://www.geocities.com/richmaffei/pages/home.html

[This message has been edited by Buld0g (edited April 27, 2001).]

Top Bottom