Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

carbs + fat ....

tlhc

i know that you shouldn't eat products which contain high levels of fat and carbs but will you automatically store fat when eating such foods?

if you eat a cup of oatmeal and drink a some milk for instance, you take in carbs, protein and fat, does that mean that you'll put on fat???

or does this rule only count for junk food?
or should you avoid carbs + fat whenever possible?
(however there are even some grams of fat in oatmeal i think)

------------------
true love - hardcore

I don't think oatmeal plus milk qaulifies as high fat! A better question to ask yourself is "what am I doing to burn this food off after I've eaten it?". Moderate cardio burns a good amount of fat and glucose, so if you're going hiking then carbs plus fat plus protein is a good idea. If you're about to go to bed for the night, or go sit on your butt in an office, then you're more likely to store anything you don't use right away as fat. Ultimately it's a matter of quantity. If you eat more then you burn off each day then you will either gain muscle (if you have your diet and training down perfectly or are taking AS), or gain fat. Just remember that fat and carbs CANNOT be converted to muscle. They merely provide the energy to do the work required to deposit the protein in your diet as muscle.

Many people lose fat on 'Zone' type diets where you eat 40:30:30 carbs:fat :protein. Many other people also find this ratio optimal for lean mass gains. Rather than obsess too much about every little thing you put in your mouth, the best idea is to read, learn and come up with a game plan and STICK TO IT for a while and see if it works for you. If it doesn't work, then move on to plan B.

Top Bottom