Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steroids for long-distance running and building muscle

weightrunner

I am nearly 50-years old, 6'1", 190 lbs. I have been on a vigorous weightlifting program two to three times a week with a personal trainer for the past four years and have an athletic build, around 13% body fat and most would consider me fairly lean but with a Men's Health-type body. I also am a long-distance runner and am getting prepared to run a half marathon in late April. Although I want to add more muscle, perhaps getting to 200 lbs., I like the way I look (more cut) when I am doing heavy cardio three times a week as well. My question is whether steroids exist that can both help (and not hurt) my running (stamina, endurance, breathing, recovery, etc.) while also helping me to gain more muscle along the way. I have read that many steroids to build muscle actually make it more difficult to run long distances, but, at the same time, I know there are long-distance runners and cyclists who are using performance drugs (beyond OTC supplements) that get them to the next level. Any specific advice is appreciated ...

Though I know nothing about steriods, I believe that virtuall any weight gain will almost always hinder your long distance running. Just takes more energy to move that weight over the distance.

I never hear much about steroids and cross-country running. How does increasing muslce mass help when running 20 miles?

Many of the IOC busts have involved non-steroid stuff like EPO.

Most general steroids will not help you, although there may be an exception or two. You won't be using anything at the doses common on this board, either.

I also disagree with equipoise being helpful to you.

:cow:

yeah i have never heard of distance runners or endurance athletes using gear. moreover the epo's for such diseases as anemia. which increase red blood cells, in turn increasing o2 delivery. dangers are thickening of the blood which as age increases is a bad thing

yeah omega above and a few others, as i do, recommend eq. it isnt used during competitive sports tho that much cuz it stays around a long time for drug testing....risky

Olympic sprinters have tested positive for winstrol, but I don't really see how it would have any benefit for cross-country.

Anabolic steroids are really a drug to enhance strength, overall mass and used for anerobic exercises and sports with minimal or non-primary aerobic exercise incorporated. Football, boxing, MMA, baseball, et cetera have aerobic components, but they aren't the primary basis of the sports. Chemical enhancement for marathon running would be another area of drugs, and is most likely extremely esoteric.

Has anyone here used steroids and done long-distance running, whether competitive or not? If so, how did they effect your stamina and performance compared to when not using them?

:cow:

Top Bottom