Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Owner of Underground Lab arrested!!!

The link wouldnt work, here ya go!

2 Charged in Illegal Drug Sales
Ecstasy, DNP sold over Internet

By Robert E. Kessler
STAFF WRITER

November 26, 2002
Two Long Island men have been charged with using the Internet to illegally sell a smorgasbord of drugs, including ecstasy, steroids and the weight-loss chemical DNP, according to officials.

Jason Sacks, 25, of 359 Blacksmith Rd., Levittown, was arraigned yesterday in U.S. District Court in Central Islip on charges of distributing controlled and regulated drugs.

The other man, Matthew Cahill, 27, of 864 Merrick Ave., East Meadow, was arraigned on the same charges Friday in the same court.

Agents of the Postal Inspection Service and the Food and Drug Administration began an investigation of the two in June. Back then, clerks at the Hicksville post office found that a package that had broken open contained what turned out to be vials of injectable steroids and hypodermic needles, according to federal prosecutors Wayne Baker and Leonard Lato. The package had been mailed by a man who had previously sent numerous similar packages and who claimed to be selling Hot Wheels over the Internet, the prosecutors said.

Although the person who had mailed the package had used a pseudonym, an investigation found that Sacks and Cahill were selling at least $30,000-a-month worth of the various drugs from an Internet site called designerlabs.com, officials said. The drugs had apparently been obtained overseas. At one point, agents, using an undercover mailing address, ordered and received 50 capsules of DNP from the site for $55, officials said. DNP, or dinitrophenol, is popular among bodybuilders for weight loss, but has been banned because of its serious side effects, which can lead to death.

Both Sacks' attorney, Dennis Lemke of Mineola, and Cahill's attorney, federal public defender Tracey Gaffey, declined to comment.

Both Cahill and Sacks face up to 5 years in prison if convicted of the charges.

In a separate case, an Indiana man, who is awaiting sentencing, was convicted in June of selling the DNP that caused the death in 2001 of Eric Perrin, a bodybuilder from Baldwin.

"Both Sacks' attorney, Dennis Lemke of Mineola, and Cahill's attorney, federal public defender Tracey Gaffey, declined to comment."

I hope to GOD Cahil (Sldge) uses a REAL attorney instead of some "publidc defender". He better or he's screwed!

drveejay11 said:
"Both Sacks' attorney, Dennis Lemke of Mineola, and Cahill's attorney, federal public defender Tracey Gaffey, declined to comment."

I hope to GOD Cahil (Sldge) uses a REAL attorney instead of some "publidc defender". He better or he's screwed!

No kidding. At $30k a month you'd think he'd be able to afford it. :rolleyes:

drveejay11 said:
[BI hope to GOD Cahil (Sldge) uses a REAL attorney instead of some "publidc defender". He better or he's screwed! [/B]

I'm not going to get into a flame war with you. But I've been a public defender for many years. I am just as real an attorney as anyone else. I have had more than my fair share of acquittals on cases with horrible facts. I help train many lawyers from the private bar in certain areas of practice. I find your comment offensive and vapid. Yes, I do have more cases than a private attorney. That makes my job more difficult. But my clients receive as good or better representation than they would get could they afford their own attorney. I am more than willing to go toe-to-toe with any private attorney on either substantive criminal law/procedure and trial technique.
There are some public defenders who are not good attorneys, just as there are private attorneys who are terrible. I ask that you not perpetuate the stereotype about the ablilities of a public defender.
I try to help out the brotherhood on this board. But it's vapid comments such as yours that make me question the time I devote here.

nycdefender said:

I'm not going to get into a flame war with you. But I've been a public defender for many years. I am just as real an attorney as anyone else. I have had more than my fair share of acquittals on cases with horrible facts. I help train many lawyers from the private bar in certain areas of practice. I find your comment offensive and vapid. Yes, I do have more cases than a private attorney. That makes my job more difficult. But my clients receive as good or better representation than they would get could they afford their own attorney. I am more than willing to go toe-to-toe with any private attorney on either substantive criminal law/procedure and trial technique.
There are some public defenders who are not good attorneys, just as there are private attorneys who are terrible. I ask that you not perpetuate the stereotype about the ablilities of a public defender.
I try to help out the brotherhood on this board. But it's vapid comments such as yours that make me question the time I devote here.

I know DJ and I can tell you he meant no disrepect, nor did I.
I just think the general consensus is that a public defender may not be able to defend someone as well as say a private attorney that has more knowledge of specifics in the case. Example = yourself. I would go to you before any "public defender" as the likelihood that I will receive a public defender that is knowledgeable in the subject of steroids is extremely unlikely.

I apologize for any stereotyping.

nyc defender

Unfortunately public defenders have a bad wrap. There are in fact a lot of bozos that are public defenders. There are also a lot of hard working public defenders that put their heart and soul into their work as I am sure you do.

There are a lot of yuppy scum thet work on wall street. There are also a lot of good people that just have a fascination with the market and what drives it.

You can't take what others say too seriously or you will drive yourself crazy.

Someone told me that EVERY domestic underground lab gets busted eventually.. period. I guess they were right.

What is the website that the owner of DL is a mod on? I used to have it but I can't remember.. i am curious to see what he says about all this.

And wow.. 25 and 27.. didn't know they were so young. And they posted their home addresses right in that news article!

Brian

Top Bottom