Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fonz, can you explain something about Cytomel?

koen

You said in a post that 25 mcg of cytomel won´t interfere with your thyroid function. How is that? Doesn´t work the same as for example testosterone? Your body notices how much testosterone the blood contains, if you supply your body with testosterone, the amount of testosterone you take?
So if you take 25 mcg cytomel a day, won´t your thyroid produce, the equivalent of 25 mcg cytomel, less T3? And therefore affecting your thyroid negatively?

Hope you can clear this up for me.

Well, not really.

TSH stimulates the thyroid to produce T3 and T4.
(Most of the active T3 in the body is converted from
T4)

By adding exogeneous T3, you will be decreasing the
amount of TSH you have(TSH=thyroid stimulating
hormone). The decrease in TSH is rather small and
does not suppress the thyroid, if the dose is kept
at under 25mcgs or less.
What most people don't know is that steroids decrease
active T3 levels within the body. And hence 25mcgs of T3
will render them more effective by increasing
protein synthesis. It has been estimated that by
adding 25mcgs T3/day during the whole lengh of your cycle,
you will increase your muscle gains by 10% all things
being equal.
Any dosage over 25mcgs will suppress TSH levels TOO
MUCH leading to thyroid suppression.
Stemming from this, the importance of cycling T3
off is PARAMOUNT. You have to let your TSH
slowly up-regulate so that when you come off T3
you have enough TSH to stimulate the production
of normal levels of T3 and T4. If you don't cycle
T3 off slowly, TSH levels will be too low and you will
experience hypothyroid symptoms for 6-8 weeks.
(i.e.Time it takes the TSH to up-regulate.)

Hope that helped...

Godspeed

Fonz, I'm totally not disagreeing with you here. But where did you hear that? I've never seen any studies where subjects were given T3 and anabolic steroids. How do you know this? Can you provide any support for this or is this just Fonz knowlege that no one else has ;)
Because if you can't back this up, then you are screwing people out of their muscle gains while on a cycle just to try and sound intelligent.... T3 is VERY catabolic. One of the ways that steroids increase muscle mass is that they supress TSH. THs increase the body's demand for energy. This demand is met by cortisol release which breaks down skeletal muscle into amino acids which are then metabolised and converted to glucose. Another way the demands of TSH are met is by the burning of protein in the diet for energy and leaving much less to be assimilated into skeletal muscle.

I hope that you can prove me wrong becaue otherwise, you are one sorry piece of shit trying to (again) make yourself sound intelligent while contradicting the standards and purpose of this board and screwing people out of their gains for your benefit.

-Stew

Koen, to answer your question, yes, 25mcg of Cytomel will supress thyroid function. Your thyroid levels have a baseline. If you introduce exogenous thyroid hormone into the body, the thyroid will supress its own production so that the baseline will be met. For instance, lets say that your body normally has 30mcg of T3 present at any given time (baseline). If you take a 25mcg Cytomel tab, the thyroid will supress its production to only 5mcg of T3. If you do not go past your body's baseline with your Cytomel (T3) dossage, you will not experience any effect outside of a normal metabolism. However, if you go above your baseline with exogenous thyroid hormone, your own thyroid will supress its production as it sees no need for it (the tyroid function has a feedback loop the same as androgen feedback loops in the hypothalamus). After you go above your baseline, you will start to reap benefits of exaggerated T3 levels. But make sure you are using AS while increasing T3 levels as T3 will eat your muscle due to its energy demands -catabolism.

-Stew

Stew Meat said:
Koen, to answer your question, yes, 25mcg of Cytomel will supress thyroid function. Your thyroid levels have a baseline. If you introduce exogenous thyroid hormone into the body, the thyroid will supress its own production so that the baseline will be met. For instance, lets say that your body normally has 30mcg of T3 present at any given time (baseline). If you take a 25mcg Cytomel tab, the thyroid will supress its production to only 5mcg of T3. If you do not go past your body's baseline with your Cytomel (T3) dossage, you will not experience any effect outside of a normal metabolism. However, if you go above your baseline with exogenous thyroid hormone, your own thyroid will supress its production as it sees no need for it (the tyroid function has a feedback loop the same as androgen feedback loops in the hypothalamus). After you go above your baseline, you will start to reap benefits of exaggerated T3 levels. But make sure you are using AS while increasing T3 levels as T3 will eat your muscle due to its energy demands -catabolism.

-Stew

You are one lucky SOB that I'm using WebTv right
now, and can't copy/paste because i would
put you to shame.
T3 is catabolic? Agreed. It DOES work through
PROTEOLYTIC pathways.

25mcgs T3/day Catabolic???? Maybe not.

Look at the studies in Medline done on patients
with T3, and look at the dose response curve
for T3/TSH.
It looks at the TSH levels for 25,50,75, and 100
mcgs of T3.
25mcgs of T3 only inhibited TSH to a very small
degree. 50,75, and 100 did not. They suppressed
it.
T3 increases the METABOLISM OF PROTEINS.
If T3(25mcgs/day)+steroids are taken per
day a synergistic effect occurs.
While steroids primarily decrease protein break-down
T3 increases protein turnover.

I'll agree that if you don't consume enough protein
T3 is CATABOLIC(at 25mcgs/day), but if you consume
1-2g protein/lb of bodyweight you will synthesize
MORE PROTEIN from your food, and the steroids
will decrease the amount of protein being
broken down by the T3.

The conundrum here is: The amount of protein synthesized
by the T3 has to be bigger than the amount of protein
broken down by the T3. Having said that, with the addition
of steroids, my hypothesis just happens to become
true because the steroids will seriously blunt
T3's catabolic effects WHILE NO AFFECTING
T3's PROTEIN TURNOVER ENHANCING
EFFECTS!!!!!!

Result: INCREASED MUSCLE GROWTH.

Stew, you have to THINK once in a while and
not just think everything is set in stone.
I thought you did research?

And FYI: Stop being such a hard-ass.

Godspeed

Now I am confused I hate this metric system

I thought you were suppose to go up to 4 pills a day which would be 100mcg would it not? The pills I have say 25mcg.

Fonz.... I am a hard ass on you because you are full of shit. Your only rebuttle is to say exactly the same thing that I said then say "you have to think once in a while."

If you "thought" you may have thought about the fact that there are those on this board who are not newbies and are not impressed with the words that you use and can see straight through you. You are the only person on this whole board that I don't like. The reason is posts like this shit. Maybe you people who are in the airplane business should share some of your biopharmaendocrina logical research with the rest of us.

-Stew

Re: Now I am confused I hate this metric system

curling said:
I thought you were suppose to go up to 4 pills a day which would be 100mcg would it not? The pills I have say 25mcg.

Yes, 100mcgs.

Having said that. I'm not a big fan of T3-cutting cycles
with low-calories.
T3-cycles should be used with at least maintenance
calories to curb any potential muscle-loss.
T3-cycles using low calories are HORRENDOUSLY
catabolic when dosages reach 75-100mcgs/day
and the amount of protein you'd have to eat would
be HUGE. Not to mention you'd have to take
massive amounts of androgens to curb
catabolism.
But thats another entirely different topic.

Godspeed

Sounds like it could in fact hold water stew but I am still intrested in what you have to say in response to this. Anyway good research fonz.

Top Bottom