Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Another Argument for Short Cycles

Nelson Montana

Chairman of Board
Chairman Member
I've been an advocated of short cycles for many years -- often to the dismay of a lot of message board meatheads. But my thinking is -- the body cannot hang onto to gains of 20-30 pounds and the adaptation and recovery process from heavy cycles is more severe. Shorter, lighter cycles work almost as a "supplement" to natural training. And call me old school but...I feel muscle built naturally has a more solid look. ANd it certainly lasts longer and has better muscle memory.

Well, just recently, in preparation for the NPC Atlantic States show I did the first cycle I've done in years at age 59. Just 600 mgs (200 test and 400 primo) a week for just 6 weeks. That's less than is recommended to newbies. That, acdcording to some "gurus" isn't even enough time for it to "kick in." lol.

I think becuase I've stayed in shape naturally (well, on 100 mgs of HRT and a ton of supplments) it allowed me to make nice progress on such a small amount. No enough to WIN mind you. lol Those guys where just too big! But I made an interesting observation....

After the show, I got right back into the gym but didn't train nearly with the same intensity. I'm pretty much just exercising. My diet has been a bit sloppy. Hey, I deserve it. I'm treating myself after eating as strictly as possible. ANd my blood tests show I'm back to normal.

But here's the thing.

A month later, I still look pretty good! LOL!!!

I honestly believe when you put on extra muscle -- REAL muscle. You can keep it. It's like a face lift. It'll knock ten years off of you but you still age -- but as you age, you;re always 10 years ahead of the game. With short, low dosed cycles. you make these small gains of 4-5 pounds and hold onto them as long as you keep training.

Now I won;t lie. There's a certain "polish" that steroids give. The increased blood volume stretches the skin, making it look thin and the muscles look full and hard. Vascualrity is increased. But I have to say, using BRIDGE really does help maintain that. (I still use GEAR too).

I think even with the loose diet, I look about at 90% as when I stepped on stage. And I feel I could get right to the same spot in a couple of weeks.

This has also gotten me psyched to maybe treat myself somewhere down the line with another 6 weeker. But for now, I'm enjoying have abs and looking buffed. And it is NOT my imagination when I say, it seems to attract the look of more females. And I can't say I don't like it. Especially at this point in life. Not too many geezers pushing 60 who can still hit a hot 29 year old.

God, I love this lifestyle : )

I'm a 'stay on' kinda guy but if I was cycling it would be short cycles, simple to run, easy to recover from and with all short esters you can quickly drop something or adjust the dosage if needs be... Also means you can get back on quicker.... By the way I know guys half your age, on four times as much gear as that who don't look anywhere near as good and probably never will...

Nelson I have a buddy that never takes a "per say" full Cycle. They all last around 6-8 weeks and a rare 10 weeks. And he looks phenomenal. Never more that 2 compounds and most a just 1 compound. He says that when he feels he has hit the sweet spot he will stop then do a light pct. And what ever the stack is it will never go over 300-600mg a week. And it works well for him.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using EliteFitness

I've been an advocated of short cycles for many years -- often to the dismay of a lot of message board meatheads. But my thinking is -- the body cannot hang onto to gains of 20-30 pounds and the adaptation and recovery process from heavy cycles is more severe. Shorter, lighter cycles work almost as a "supplement" to natural training. And call me old school but...I feel muscle built naturally has a more solid look. ANd it certainly lasts longer and has better muscle memory.

Well, just recently, in preparation for the NPC Atlantic States show I did the first cycle I've done in years at age 59. Just 600 mgs (200 test and 400 primo) a week for just 6 weeks. That's less than is recommended to newbies. That, acdcording to some "gurus" isn't even enough time for it to "kick in." lol.

I think becuase I've stayed in shape naturally (well, on 100 mgs of HRT and a ton of supplments) it allowed me to make nice progress on such a small amount. No enough to WIN mind you. lol Those guys where just too big! But I made an interesting observation....

After the show, I got right back into the gym but didn't train nearly with the same intensity. I'm pretty much just exercising. My diet has been a bit sloppy. Hey, I deserve it. I'm treating myself after eating as strictly as possible. ANd my blood tests show I'm back to normal.

But here's the thing.

I honestly believe when you put on extra muscle -- REAL muscle. You can keep it. It's like a face lift. It'll knock ten years off of you but you still age -- but as you age, you;re always 10 years ahead of the game. With short, low dosed cycles. you make these small gains of 4-5 pounds and hold onto them as long as you keep training.

Now I won;t lie. There's a certain "polish" that steroids give. The increased blood volume stretches the skin, making it look thin and the muscles look full and hard. Vascualrity is increased. But I have to say, using BRIDGE really does help maintain that. (I still use GEAR too).

I think even with the loose diet, I look about at 90% as when I stepped on stage. And I feel I could get right to the same spot in a couple of weeks.

This has also gotten me psyched to maybe treat myself somewhere down the line with another 6 weeker. But for now, I'm enjoying have abs and looking buffed. And it is NOT my imagination when I say, it seems to attract the look of more females. And I can't say I don't like it. Especially at this point in life. Not too many geezers pushing 60 who can still hit a hot 29 year old.

and now we have one of the main reasons we juice older... I'm with you man..

I've said it before and I'll say it again

'You get too big and you start attracting dudes instead of chicks'

Every guy wants to be your friend at the gym, but the females are too intimidated to even be receptive to conversation sometimes.

Thanx Nelson. So, by short cycle you literally mean 6-8 weeks? Or would 10-12 with a moderate dose be included. I'm coming toward the end of my first real cycle, and it has been wonderful, but after 17 years of training without AAS, I feel, like you said here, polished up a bit. My training and diet have been spot on for years. It is funny though, I posted that I was popping veins and getting striations and someone asked what brand of Anavar I was using to get that after just 1 week of being on it. I told him its because I have been dieting for months.

Thanx Nelson. So, by short cycle you literally mean 6-8 weeks? Or would 10-12 with a moderate dose be included. I'm coming toward the end of my first real cycle, and it has been wonderful, but after 17 years of training without AAS, I feel, like you said here, polished up a bit. My training and diet have been spot on for years. It is funny though, I posted that I was popping veins and getting striations and someone asked what brand of Anavar I was using to get that after just 1 week of being on it. I told him its because I have been dieting for months.

This is the thing I hate, I train with a sweat shirt on.. nobody knows what I look like but when I take it off in the changing room the question is usually what do you TAKE rather than what is your training and diet like.. and I'm not big at all

Sent from my HTC One S using EliteFitness

I've said it before and I'll say it again

'You get too big and you start attracting dudes instead of chicks'

Every guy wants to be your friend at the gym, but the females are too intimidated to even be receptive to conversation sometimes.

I think there's a point where it's too big. I was never into that. I want to impress the hot chicks, not
the dude in the squat rack.

I never saw the appeal of being so big that when you wear a suit you just look like a fat guy.

Last edited:

I've never gone over 6 weeks. And no more than 3 cycles a year. I think a newbie can make progress with 4 week cycles.

But here's the thing.

Glad to hear the good vibes Nelson! Keep us updated if you decide to do another cycle!

Top Bottom