Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Buspar for anxiety

dutchman063

I was just given Buspar for general anxiety, anyone ever try this medication?..side effects?....i hear that many anxiety meds can cause sexual problems and was wondering if this was one of them

thanks

Most of the SSRI's cause a sexual problem that most men would love to have: delayed ejaculation.

SSRI's are a treatment for guys with premature ejaculation. A very small percentage of guys taking SSRI's will become anorgasmic.

That's just a sugar pill. Research shows a placebo exerts just as much of an effect.

Buspar is an antianxiety drug nonbenzodiaepine. It's short-term use is to relieve symptoms of anxiety due to motor tension, apprehension , automonic hyperactivity. Increased/decreased libido, delayed ejaculation are some of da side effects along with dizziness etc.. Up to two weeks may be required before beneficial antianxiety effects are manifested. It should be taken with food to avoid nausea. Over the counter meds and alcohol should be avoided.

I'm on Buspar, It use to delay my ejaculation (when I was having sex with another person.. that is) many times I didn't finish which started many arguments... The upside at least i didn't get her pregnant!! I couldn't imagine her in my life anymore.

My brother used that for a while, his face broke out really bad. Then again , it could have just been puberty

I am a certified nutrition consultant and I used Buspar years ago, anxiety and depression issues can be resolved with 2 supplements, B-complex as it is responsible for your central nervous system. 2nd one is called GABA and it is in capsule form at GNC in 750mg, my 14 yr old uses that especially during exam time. It works in about 30mins. If you need immediate results, open capsule and put in juice and drink it down. Good luck, C Allen, PSL, FL

buspar sucks. i hated it. made me sweat and gave me the worst buzz of my life. Get the doc to give you Kolonopin

fitnutmom said:
I am a certified nutrition consultant and I used Buspar years ago, anxiety and depression issues can be resolved with 2 supplements, B-complex as it is responsible for your central nervous system. 2nd one is called GABA and it is in capsule form at GNC in 750mg, my 14 yr old uses that especially during exam time. It works in about 30mins. If you need immediate results, open capsule and put in juice and drink it down. Good luck, C Allen, PSL, FL
I was unable to find studies to support either of your claims that B-complex and GABA help with anxiety. Can you please cite some references?

GABA is an inhibitory neurotransmitter. Benzodiazepines (Valium, Xanax), alcohol, barbiturates, etc. all stimulate GABA receptors through different pathways.

It is theoretical that GABA supplements can cause mood suppression and a calming effect. However, there is NO evidence that GABA is absorbed after oral ingestion. In fact, I'm sure pepsin and many other proteases will degrade it in the stomach.

Reference #1 90 Day Immune System Makeover, by Janet Maccaro, PhD.CNC
Reference #2 Prescription for Nutritonal Healing by Dr and Mrs Balch
Reference #3"Healthnotes" software used by public at GNC and some MLM companies online
Reference #4 Disease Prevention and Treatment by Life Extension 3rd edition
Reference #5 The Great Physician's Prescription, Dr Jordan Rubin
shall I go on? I am not trying to scam or harm anyone, I have over 5 yrs of research and 2 yrs of education and I am a certified nutrition and wellness consultant. Not everyone needs meds, people can be just deficient in B vitamins, especially if under stress, which isn't everyone. And Gaba does help with anxiety...it is in every one of the books I indicated.

Top Bottom