Navbar

Elite Fitness Bodybuilding, Anabolics, Diet, Life Extension, Wellness, Supplements, and Training Boards
  Chat & Conversation
  Bible Prophecy.. (Page 2)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

Author Topic:   Bible Prophecy..
KODIAK99

Freak

posted December 17, 2000 05:20 PM

Staff Use Only: IP: Logged

"Don't put your trust in ungodly men or institutions, believe in yourself."
Bob Dylan

------------------

If you are going to be a bear. . .be a big fucking bear!!!!!

Click Here to See the Profile for KODIAK99   Click Here to Email KODIAK99     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
mac sloan

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted December 17, 2000 06:30 PM

All those verses that were quoted as contadictory,you have to look at more than the one sentence.Look at the surrounding verses.You took one piece out of the whole puzzle?

Jhonny O,the antichrist you ask?
I belive it is the Pope.

Click Here to See the Profile for mac sloan   Click Here to Email mac sloan     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
mrbill

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted December 17, 2000 07:25 PM

Yakuza...Ya i was being a smartass, but was also trying to make a point. Let's look at your little scenario in a slightly different manner...how about if you (or someone you loved was shot) would you go to the hospital or just pray?? Chesty, those quotes came from the king james version of the bible...I only posted them because someone tried to make the claim that there are no contradictions in the bible. For anyone who wants more in depth analysis of contradictions etc. there are a million websites and books on the subject, just approach it with an open mind. I'm no biblical scholar and have no desire to be. I look at the bible in the same light as I look at greek mythology or any other myths and superstitions.

------------------
need a lift?

Click Here to See the Profile for mrbill   Click Here to Email mrbill     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
luv2workout

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 12:43 AM

After reading all of this post I can honestly say I am more confused in what I believe than ever..I am amazed at how much some of you know about the Bible, christianity and everything else...

I was raised in a christian/hypocritical home..My mother beat me w/a pool stick when I was 15, yelling "spare the rod, spoil the child"..If that isnt some sick shit!! When I turned 20, I thought Id do the "right" thing and ask Jesus to be my Lord and Saviour...About 2-3 yrs later we had a infant dying in our family (strep B) everyone prayed, begged and did everything asking God for a miracle and guess what? We didnt get one..That is when I really started questioning God...Honestly I have NO idea what I believe!

Click Here to See the Profile for luv2workout   Click Here to Email luv2workout     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
el ass-o wipe-o

Pro Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 12:51 AM

how the fuck would u know who calls out for what when there about to die? i think you watch way to many shitty ass afterschool specials chesty.

------------------

...and i break u over my knee, like so!!!

Click Here to See the Profile for el ass-o wipe-o   Click Here to Email el ass-o wipe-o     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
el ass-o wipe-o

Pro Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 01:02 AM

luvtoworkout,
just because you didnt get what u want is no reason not to believe in something as huge as is there a god.

just my 2 cents.

------------------

...and i break u over my knee, like so!!!

Click Here to See the Profile for el ass-o wipe-o   Click Here to Email el ass-o wipe-o     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
cutemonkey

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 12:05 PM

Wow...there were a lot of good posts on this topic over the weekend. I hope you guys didn't think I was avoiding this topic...but usually on the weekends, I don't use the internet. Its time just for me to relax without the internet so very rarely will I post anything on the weekends. With that in mind, I would just like to comment on a few things.

Garza, you made some very very insightful posts on the subject of the church. I was just wondering...I think you mentioned something along the lines of the Bible stating that you had to be baptized and achieve various things to make it to heaven. I don't remember anything particular in the Bible that says that but if you can point it out, I would appreciate that. I remember doing a book study regarding something like this...I think the book was called "Inherit the Wind" where they argued about a boy dying without being baptized and would he go to heaven or did he die with grace... something like that.

IMO, I believe that the Catholic Church and the "Christian" Church that everyone talks about are two different institutions. I wouldn't even consider them denomanationally linked..(i.e. Baptist, Pentecostal, Methodist, Evangelical..). I consider the Catholic church as a totally different institution and I would be more than happy to provide points if anyone was interested. I just don't want to post anything because not everyone particularly cares about my opinions, being as they are only my opinions and I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

And finally, Mr. Bill, er...are you related to Special Bill in any way? Anyhow, all the things that you posted, I would be more than happy to look into them to try and provide answers. However, I did conclude on a few things but I may be wrong..so if I am, than please correct me. First of all, those arguements were taking from a literature not of your own...so speaking, you did your homework. Secondly, whoever wrote those,(assuming it wasn't you) took those points out of context. Because I'm by no means a theoligan, I would ask that you give me a few days to try and research some answers for you. Please stay posted.

Oh yeah, and one final thing...the antichrist?...wouldn't it be funny if it was the Pope?

Click Here to See the Profile for cutemonkey     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
liquidplaya

Cool Novice

posted December 18, 2000 12:46 PM

there are 2 rooms, side by side
in one room are 30 people.
In the other room, is nothing
THe two rooms are separate, and closed off.
One person writes down that there is a flying pig in the next room, and that he had seen it.
THe people who then believe this are foolish.
THe people who do not believe this are wise.

Click Here to See the Profile for liquidplaya   Click Here to Email liquidplaya     Edit/Delete Message    UIN: 9104704   Reply w/Quote
cutemonkey

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 01:48 PM

The version I was told had 50 people in one room and not 30...but its all hearsay isn't it..what's your point?

Try this one on for size.

There's this forum. Lets just call it..er.. Elite Health for fun. People come and ask questions to people they've never seen or known of before. Their questions get answered. The ones who listen to the "right" people get bigger and the ones who don't listen don't get anything...what's your point.

Click Here to See the Profile for cutemonkey     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
cutemonkey

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 01:52 PM

The version I was told had 50 people in one room and not 30 and that the person saw flying cows and not pigs...and the ones who believe actually were given 7 wishes..what's your point? What relevance does this have?

Try this one on for size.

There's this forum. Lets just call it..er.. Elite Health for fun. People come and ask questions to people they've never seen or known of before. Their questions get answered. The ones who listen to the "right" people get bigger and the ones who don't listen don't get anything...what's your point.

What's my point?...well, instead of coming here and making posts that don't explain anything but the fact that you can post a good metaphor or whatever its called..try being more precise and intelligent in the material you post. You'll do much better if you can do that.

liquidplaya

Cool Novice

posted December 18, 2000 02:00 PM

I dunno what your talking about with versions, I just made that up right now.. just showing how people that believe in god are dumb

your metaphor suks.. its not the same at all foo.

I cant be more precise, there is no valid arguement against what I am posting, so I have no basis for rebuttle

Click Here to See the Profile for liquidplaya   Click Here to Email liquidplaya     Edit/Delete Message    UIN: 9104704   Reply w/Quote
cutemonkey

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 02:48 PM

The reason why u didn't hear my version of your pathetic speech is because thats all it was..your version. if you didn't notice...I flamed you..foo.. please don't post on this topic..you will make yourself appear even more ignorant than already. Oh brother..I've heard it all now...people who believe in God are dumb.. bahawahahaha...that's the funniest sheet I've heard of. And I'm sure you represent all the smart people who don't believe in God. If you even read any other posts on this forum, you would have noticed that people get annoyed at others who come and post nothing informative (what u did) and try to be funny. Sheesh...

liquidplaya

Cool Novice

posted December 18, 2000 03:39 PM

pathetic eh, suk my dik foo.
im not ignorant. try me

im not trying to be funny

JohnnyO

posted December 18, 2000 03:54 PM

There have been several "proofs" of the existance of God or something simular throughout the ages.. I'm not going to get into that here, since that was not the intention of this post.

Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyO   Click Here to Email JohnnyO     Edit/Delete Message    UIN: 11976789   Reply w/Quote
cutemonkey

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 03:59 PM

Okay...you say people who believe in God are dumb...that's like me saying people who post on message boards and using language and spelling words that is more appropriate for either a 1)grade two or 2) grade 3 student. What have you contributed to this topic? What have you shown? Nothing more than a show of patheticness. I've dealt with people like you before. You offer nothing concrete and useful to such topics but you insist on trying to stir a controversy so that people like me will give u some attention...shhesh. Grow up..and when we do give you attention and challenge you to explain you're little riddle or metaphor in your previous post, you resert to name calling and trip all over yourself trying to search for an answer. .."er..uh..duh..doh ..uh.. what am I doing here?"...yeah, I know you're thinking that.

So, please, make an arguable statement on why people who believe in God are dumb. Its that simple. Open it up for others to discuss. And please, back it up with some credible info. or at least copy it from somewhere. Anything that will make yourself look less stupid. Thank you and have a nice day.

cutemonkey

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 04:08 PM

I think that there is a point that most people are missing. If you didn't believe in God, why would you even pray to HIM, let alone ask for a miracle or even expect your prayers to be answered?

Most people who believe in divine intervention believe that a path is already layed out for them in life.

As well, I also think that the church paints a rosy picture of God and how your life changes drastically for the good after you accept HIM being in your life. For example, the church preaches about Jesus as the loving lamb, whose love is unconditional, forgives and answers prayers...etc..etc..but they don't tend to preach that God is also the lion..a very jealous God, who will punish when we step out of line. Truth being, I think the life you live after you are "saved" might be harder than before. Of course, this is only my two cents.

liquidplaya

Cool Novice

posted December 18, 2000 04:53 PM

johnnyo, lets hear your proofs.
Everything else in this thread is worthless without first sustaining a proof that god exists.
But alas, this is a bodybuilding board, so I think this will be my last post on this topic, i dont think many can keep up with me.
Coolmonkey, you dont know what you are talking about, you dont know who I am, or what I know. What you described is the complete opposite of what I am. I just dont like posts that dont have arguements for which I can rebuttle..

JohnnyO

posted December 18, 2000 04:57 PM

I'll post the "proofs" up on a new post so look for it... probably not until I get out of work since i have to find them again.. I hate posts that are multiple pages.

Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyO   Click Here to Email JohnnyO     Edit/Delete Message    UIN: 11976789   Reply w/Quote
cutemonkey

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 05:01 PM

Mr. Playa...do you honestly believe that even if we were to provide all the proof in the world, that it would change your view on God? I believe that kind of proof you're looking for is similar to that of Jesus appearing to his Disciples. You're looking for proof but expect a miracle to happen before you change your views. And the reason why you choose not to rebut is because in your own mind, you are not knowlegable enough about this topic. Yee of little faith...sheesh

garza

Pro Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 05:04 PM

CuteMonkey I will post about the topic of baptism later today or possibly email if you like.

I do not know how to explain anything regarding baptism at the moment. I can tell you that, baptism was meant for remission (washing away) of sins. Basically it goes somethin like this, I'll have to back this up with scripture in another post. Jesus died for sins, we are to die out to our old lifestyle in repentance. Jesus was buried in the tomb, we are to be buried in water (baptism) for the remission of our sins. Jesus rose again, we rise up as a new person through the Holy Ghost. Thats the simplest way to look at it.

I will post more later on if you need. I'm tired right now though. Hope this helps, again I have strayed from this somewhat so don't hold me responsible for acting like a christian.

Click Here to See the Profile for garza   Click Here to Email garza     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
garza

Pro Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 05:31 PM

Bill Phillips is the anti-christ. Lol.

Click Here to See the Profile for garza   Click Here to Email garza     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
mac sloan

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 09:25 PM

Liquid whatever,do yourself a favor and stop posting these useless posts,your just making yourself look dumb.

Cutemonkey,where in Canda are you?

Click Here to See the Profile for mac sloan   Click Here to Email mac sloan     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
liquidplaya

Cool Novice

posted December 18, 2000 10:21 PM

fuk u mac sloan

liquidplaya

Cool Novice

posted December 18, 2000 10:21 PM

oh im sorry
was that another useless post?

mac sloan

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted December 18, 2000 10:48 PM

Did I offend you?

Thor72

Cool Novice

posted December 19, 2000 02:24 AM

Go to a search engine and pull up the Nag Hammadi library. Get the truth when Christianity actually started. What you have been taught is a farce.

Click Here to See the Profile for Thor72   Click Here to Email Thor72     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
Thor72

Cool Novice

posted December 19, 2000 02:26 AM

Go to a search engine and pull up the Nag Hammadi library. Get the truth when Christianity actually started. What you have been taught is a farce.

Click Here to See the Profile for Thor72   Click Here to Email Thor72     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
mrbill

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted December 20, 2000 03:03 AM

cutemonkey...no ties to special bill other than the coincidence of the names. Peace.

------------------
need a lift?

Click Here to See the Profile for mrbill   Click Here to Email mrbill     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back to Elite Fitness | Privacy Statement