Navbar

Elite Fitness Bodybuilding, Anabolics, Diet, Life Extension, Wellness, Supplements, and Training Boards
  Chat & Conversation
  Response to Frackal and the GUN HATERS (Page 2)

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

Author Topic:   Response to Frackal and the GUN HATERS
Cleaner

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted September 29, 2000 12:16 PM

Staff Use Only: IP: Logged

Look Mr.T I actually like you - I never take anything personal.

State of mind - lets talk.
I wanted to make a change in my city. So I moved my wife(103lb) and my self into the city from the comfort of the county. We bought a huge old home and rehab the entire thing.
I became block captain and vice pres. of the neighborhood group.
I brought in the police to do awareness training. Every female who wanted it, got it free of charge. Why awareness training because, victim are almost always self absorded and all most never notice their attacker. Studies have shown this - they are grabbed and before they know whats going on it to late.
State of mind - is about knowing what going on when your in public.
They asked rapist in prison if the victim noticed them first would they still attack and all most all said no.
Its about seeing them first.

Click Here to See the Profile for Cleaner     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
Cleaner

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted September 29, 2000 12:24 PM

Don't go thier.
If the number in other countries are half as screwed as the F.B.I. they are realy worth a shit.
New Zealand is having problems
France is having problems
Britian forget the guns they use bombs
Russia - never get a a good number

US - number are what they want them to be.
My understanding was overall violent is going down and petty crime was on the rise.

Click Here to See the Profile for Cleaner     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
MP5

Pro Bodybuilder

posted September 29, 2000 12:38 PM

You get behind the wheel drunk and it is a weapon. Plus, guns are designed to kill, but they also are a deterrant and they are designed to shoot inanimate objects like targets. Alcohol is designed to make you lose control, your senses, and your reasoning. Tell me which is more dangerous. What about tobacco, that will defiantely 100% kill you, owning a gun will not. And to RYAN H. how about if your family member had a strangers dick forced into them, then would you let them use a gun?

Click Here to See the Profile for MP5   Click Here to Email MP5     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
Iron God

Pro Bodybuilder

posted September 29, 2000 01:10 PM

Mr T

Don't believe murder rate #'s most 3rd world countries don't even keep track and big nations cover-up their numbers big time. They don't have watch dog agencies like in the US. For example the murder rate in China is low but their "overall" death rate per 1000 is much higher than ours. A lot of violent crimes go unsolved or un-reported and summary executions by state official are not uncommon and not counted. Besides half the fire-arms deaths in the US are self-inflicted and they count to the overall total

Click Here to See the Profile for Iron God   Click Here to Email Iron God     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
Frackal

Pro Bodybuilder

posted September 29, 2000 03:16 PM

IronGod: I still feel you owe me an apology for saying what you did. I'm pretty young and trying to learn both sides, and am also coming from a primarily liberal background.

Click Here to See the Profile for Frackal   Click Here to Email Frackal     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
TxCollegeguy

Pro Bodybuilder

posted September 29, 2000 03:54 PM

I think putting the arguements aside this has been a good post to talk about....

My comment is being an Ex CJ major the very first class i took we talked about how every city, county, state, and Govt agency reports crime in a different way...So how reliable are the "Statistics" when it all comes down to it...There isn't 1 set way to determine it...Not even All counties in the state of TX classify all types of killings as murder...some counties break it down into different categories...

2nd people can still buy fully automatic weapons in this country, they just have alot of fee's to pay for licenses, and they do become registered for certain types....To my knowledge you just can't buy a NEWLY made Fully automatic gun in this country....

One day others will see the mistake gun control is when we have no physical way of disarming the Govt like the Constitution guarantees us of being able to do...Even if that some day is too late and they have taken guns away from the law abiding citizens

Click Here to See the Profile for TxCollegeguy   Click Here to Email TxCollegeguy     Edit/Delete Message    UIN: 48636409   Reply w/Quote
Iron God

Pro Bodybuilder

posted September 29, 2000 04:01 PM

Apology??????

Don't know how old you are, but it looks to me like your old enough to use a computer and capable of some type of deductive reasoning . Also I don't think your parents are posting in under your name.
So if you want to rant and rave about your silly veiws on how the world should be, then don't be surprised if everyone doesn't agree with you,challenges you or even questions your man-hood.

IG

Click Here to See the Profile for Iron God   Click Here to Email Iron God     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
Frackal

Pro Bodybuilder

posted September 29, 2000 04:15 PM

That's fine IronGod. I am perfectly capable of doing my own research and fact gathering. Which is exactly what I am doing when participating in these discussions. I just feel that you have very limited knowledge of what I am truly like and have no right to question me or my 'manhood' by a few posts on an internet message board. There was really no reason to flame me at all as far as I can see. I think we should be able to have intelligent discussions without mudslinging.

And I also don't feel that my thoughts on gun control is an accurate judge of my entire character.

What I'm basically saying is that you went a bit too far with your judgements and I feel that you owe me an apology. Obviously you don't feel that way and you will not apologize. So forget it.

Click Here to See the Profile for Frackal   Click Here to Email Frackal     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
MattTheSkywalker

posted September 29, 2000 06:25 PM

This topic really grew.

All I can say about disarming the citizenry is that it will be a dismal failure in the US if it happens.

In the very first post for this thread I mentioned that Australia has done that, and ther has been a marked increase in gun-related homicide and armed robbery.

Matt

Click Here to See the Profile for MattTheSkywalker   Click Here to Email MattTheSkywalker     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
Laserdude

Novice

posted September 29, 2000 07:27 PM

Hey don't get me wrong on my last post in closing, being able to hit your target is GUN CONTROL.

As far as my right to own a gun is mine for defense and hunting. That is all.

Now the real reason for the right to bear arms is based on the right to overthrow a tryranical government and form a government
of the people and by the people.

That is all.

Click Here to See the Profile for Laserdude     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote
IOWA BEEF

Amateur Bodybuilder

posted September 29, 2000 10:49 PM

Education is the key. Teach kids to be responsable with guns at a young age. Programs like hunter safty courses and things like that. I dont even remember the frist time I shot a gun, to young to remember. But my dad told me how to be responsible. Parents need to teach their children.

------------------
Go Big or Go Home

Click Here to See the Profile for IOWA BEEF   Click Here to Email IOWA BEEF     Edit/Delete Message      Reply w/Quote

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back to Elite Fitness | Privacy Statement