Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Zercher Deadlifts

Hannibal

Elite Mentor
Platinum
DAMN!!!!

If you are physically capable of doing these I think they are a good exercise for the posterior chain...lower back especially.

You take a conventional deadlift stance. Bend over and pick up the bar in the crooks of your arms...then stand up. If you aren't very flexible I don't know if you could pull it off. However, my back is feeling them today.

Maybe just a little outside....if my back will cooperate tonight I will try to get a pic. My back is FUBAR.

i agree with you hanibal. My posterior chain was slacking no matter how many ghc's i did. On a tip from b fold, i tried zenchers. While they are semi painful with heavy weight, they work great for higher reps. THey really hit your lowerback well do the ROM. Try them and feel the wrath of zenchers

Hannibal, I've been doing these only using a sumo wide stance... But I always just considered them a Zercher Squat basically... Ehhh oh well, lol.. But I agree, these hit my posterior chain like nothing else can. But it is really difficult to go heavy due to having the weight crushing your inner elbow area and upper forearms..

Oh, his were definitely deads. Feet about shoulder width or less, and basically bent over and picked up the bar in the crooks of his arms...he's VERY flexible. I'm not even sure I could do that, and he has much longer legs than I do. It's practically straight leg off the floor. I was quite impressed.

JDarty6173 said:
Hannibal, I've been doing these only using a sumo wide stance... But I always just considered them a Zercher Squat basically... Ehhh oh well, lol.. But I agree, these hit my posterior chain like nothing else can. But it is really difficult to go heavy due to having the weight crushing your inner elbow area and upper forearms..

Yeah my feet were in a conventional stance...so like Spatts said it was pretty much straight-legged. Back is really feeling it today. I am going to try to post some pics of it tomorrow.

Straight Legged and Zercher? Ouch..That just sounds torturous if it's the way i picture it... I really don't think I could even get the bar racked in my elbows the way you are describing... I find it difficult enough down in a wide sumo stance...

Top Bottom