Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Xanax effects on Thyroid

PBR

hi ladies...need some help. have a female friend on xanax. she is using .5mg to 1.0mg per day...someone recently told her that xanax taxes the thyroid and will eventually slow it down and alter its function...i have never heard of this...do any of you know if this is true, and at this dosage would this be a factor?....thanks

Um, I'm HOPING that's a doctor's prescription xanax? She should be talking to her doctor about that then.

hey Sassy, yes it is a script....Doc has said nothing about this, apparently this was brought to her attention by way of someone else...

Phew. Well, its an important consideration, especially when you hear about people using xanax as a "party drug"....

I have no experience w/ xanax but I would have her do some searches on Medline about "xanax" and "thyroid" and definitely get a phone call in to her doc.

HEY SASSY .. DOES SHE TAKE THYROID MEDICATION??
If so .. (i have been taking synthroid for 25 years) anyway .. I WOULD NOT TAKE
THE DRUG if she is .. and in fact.. i do not take any thermogenics .. fat burners
ANYTHING... just vitamins.. and cod liver oil of course

I'm just saying that if you have questions like that the place to go is directly to your doctor. Trying to self-diagnose or get comments or suggestions from other people without at least substantiating the info with a professional is just bad news.

i doubt it... however i am not a doctor, nor do i play one on tv. The amount of alprazolam i have taken over the years is probably... good lord don't want to think about it... however i have have my thyroid tested very recently and it was fine.

however i didn't give thought to the female body... sassy is right she should ask her doctor.

thanks Saint...i dont trust most doctors in the real world too much...i could write pages on past experiences with them and what my opinions are, but i will refrain from doing so...i will continue to try and research this, thanks again.

Top Bottom