Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WW's New SUMMER Log ...

trying hard to stick to diet, doing ok today-
7:30 AM - two slices low carb ww toast with cream cheese, whey shake with skim, 1/2 banana - FULL
11 AM - green pepper and celery sticks, 1/2 cup cottage cheese - FULL
1:30 PM - greens beans and 5 oz chicken breast - NOT FULL, HUNNNGGGRRY
4:40 PM - whey shake with soy milk, med apple
5:30 PM - headed to the gym
7:30 or 8 PM - 5 oz chicken breast with broccoli and a little carbs - rice??
10 PM - snack - sugar free jello, anpb, something.....

POSITIVE- Stuck to diet 100% yesterday! Had about 8 oz of chicken for dinner, not 5 and had some anpb before bed.

POSTIVE- The NY STATE NBI Championships are tomorrow. Going to pre-judging only.

POSTIVE- Pedicure scheduled, butt hurts from last leg workout, Father's Day gifts 1/2 done.

TODAY-

7:30 AM, whey shake with skim and blueberries, toast
10:30 AM, cottage cheese and two rice cakes (glucorell before)
1:30 PM, 5 oz chix breast with broccoli
4:30 PM, apple and whey shake with water
5:30 PM, gym
7:30 PM, weekend officially begins!

WoNderWoMan25 said:
POSITIVE- Stuck to diet 100% yesterday! Had about 8 oz of chicken for dinner, not 5 and had some anpb before bed.

POSTIVE- The NY STATE NBI Championships are tomorrow. Going to pre-judging only.

POSTIVE- Pedicure scheduled, butt hurts from last leg workout, Father's Day gifts 1/2 done.

TODAY-

7:30 AM, whey shake with skim and blueberries, toast
10:30 AM, cottage cheese and two rice cakes (glucorell before)
1:30 PM, 5 oz chix breast with broccoli
4:30 PM, apple and whey shake with water
5:30 PM, gym
7:30 PM, weekend officially begins!

What are you training at the gym later?

BiggT said:
What are you training at the gym later?

Let's see... I took Wednesday night off, so I worked legs last night (thurs). I did hack squats - lighter weight, but made the movement really deep, then smith machine one legged lunges, and step ups - onto a regular height bench with 20 lb dumbbells in each hand. Finished out with calves and plate loaded leg press. Does the carriage weight much on the leg press? I did them at the end of my workout, but still managed 10 reps @ 270 lbs. I was pretty proud of myself! Sore today though!!

Tonight will be biceps and triceps or biceps and back. Since you do have the bicep log/thread going on- I'll take any suggestions or recommendations on how to work this body part. I'd like to switch things up a bit... I was supersetting back and bis with things like a close grip seated cable row, right into some kind of dumb bell curl... things like that.

Thanks for asking! This is probably more of an answer than you were looking for... hehehe.

Have a great weekend. It's gonna be HOT here...

WW,

With leg presses, nobody ever counts the carriage (although, I am sure it could be a factor depending on the machine). But, just count up the plates.

About my biceps log, lol, the title is all in good fun, I rarely train them, save for 4 sets of curls here and there (and even that is scoffed at in the strength and conditioning community, lol). They just always responded well to heavy pulling, that I don't bother with them too much. However, same thing goes for them as anything else, it is all about progression.

I would pick 2 good exercies like barbell curls and hammer curls, then pick a set/rep range, the sets and reps are not important in terms of "whats better? 3x10, 4x8, 3x12", the important thing is to use a constant set/rep range so that training is quantifiable and you have a guage to measure progress. So, for example, if you curl 3 sets of 12 with 55lbs on week 1, then on week 5 you curl 3 sets of 12 with 70lbs, you clearly made progress, and if you're eating according to whatever goals you have, then you'll obviously like what you see. I find when people get too crazy and complicated and just try to 'get sore', they do a bunch of stuff, but never really make much progress on any of it. When you stall/slow down/get stagnant, change something or make a tweak, do dumbell curls instead of barbell or reverse curls instead of hammer curls, or pick a new set/rep scheme to progress with.

You have a great weekend too, it is supposed to be in the 90's where I am as well.

If you're looking for something different for the biceps, based on something Sassy posted, I've started doing 21s......it's a bicep curl where you do 7 reps from the bottom to the middle, then 7 reps from the middle to the top, then 7 full range reps.....Killer!

WoNderWoMan25 said:
Beans, beans, good for your heart... The Archives of Internal Medicine report that you are 22 percent less likely to get heart disease if your diet consists of beans, peas or legumes at least four times per week. An average serving of cooked dry beans contains about 10 grams of fiber. Eating a high-fiber diet can significantly lower our risk of heart attack, stroke and colon cancer.
The average person only consumes 12% of the RDA of fiber. 1 cup of All-Bran with extra fiber has 30g of fiber. I track my fiber and I shoot for at least 25g per day.

And you're looking fabulous too!

BiggT said:
WW,

With leg presses, nobody ever counts the carriage (although, I am sure it could be a factor depending on the machine). But, just count up the plates.

Right, but I was just curious if it weighed anything... :)

BiggT said:
I would pick 2 good exercies like barbell curls and hammer curls, then pick a set/rep range, the sets and reps are not important in terms of "whats better? 3x10, 4x8, 3x12", the important thing is to use a constant set/rep range so that training is quantifiable and you have a guage to measure progress. So, for example, if you curl 3 sets of 12 with 55lbs on week 1, then on week 5 you curl 3 sets of 12 with 70lbs, you clearly made progress, and if you're eating according to whatever goals you have, then you'll obviously like what you see. I find when people get too crazy and complicated and just try to 'get sore', they do a bunch of stuff, but never really make much progress on any of it. When you stall/slow down/get stagnant, change something or make a tweak, do dumbell curls instead of barbell or reverse curls instead of hammer curls, or pick a new set/rep scheme to progress with.

You have a great weekend too, it is supposed to be in the 90's where I am as well.

that's a different way to look at things. i'll have to give it a try... later!!

jenscats5 said:
If you're looking for something different for the biceps, based on something Sassy posted, I've started doing 21s......it's a bicep curl where you do 7 reps from the bottom to the middle, then 7 reps from the middle to the top, then 7 full range reps.....Killer!

I did these - good stuff!

Top Bottom