Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

wrist straps?

FitFossil

When doing heavy pulling exercises, my grip gives out before my back, therefore I never feel like I've worked my back enough. Should I try wrist straps? I know I need to work on my grip and foream strength, but what about using straps in the meantime so I can make some progress with my back?

Do any of you other ladies use straps? Will people think I'm weird if I use them? That's ok, they probably already do. There are only a handful of women in my gym who do anything other than cardio, and maybe just 3 other than me who even set foot in the free weight area! :eek:

Use straps -for now. Take a small bathroom scale and compress it with both hands to strengthen your grip. Just crush it as hard as you can for a slow count of 10 and aim for your bodyweight on the dial...

I use it for chin up, lat pull down, low row, stifflegs deadlift, hanging leg raise. Well, i use it on exercices where my grip is weaker than my muscles...
LG

------------------
I don't believe in luck... Only work can bring us to reach the top!!

I used to use straps because my grip strength sucked. I was advised that if you do NOT use them (I ain't movin' 1,000s of pound here) my grip strength will gradually increase......you know what?

It worked.

I have not used straps in a year and I am moving waaaaaaaay more weight now then I did a year ago.

------------------
View
http://www.elitefitness.com/members/bigrickrock1/pics/friedmom1.gif[/img]
....beauty knows no pain.

I HAVE BEEN GOING WITHOUT SO FAR, BUT I'M BEGINNING TO THINK ME DEADLIFT WILL NEVER IMPROVE BECAUSE I ALMOST DROP THE BAR AFTER SIX REPS ON MY LAST SET. MY GRIP NEEDS TO CATCH THE F*CK UP!

------------------
WHERE DO I GET FINA AND FINA KITS? SUPPLEMENTS? NEEDLES? STEROID PROFILES? SCAMMER LISTS? ETC, ETC, ETC.

NEWBIES, CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND GET YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED AT THESE FINE SITES.

UPDATED WEEKLY

<A HREF="http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/shaq/324/" TARGET=_blank>
06d466e0.gif
06e5a6e0.gif
06fc86e0.gif
</A>

I'm with IronGod on this one.

------------------
Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.
Anthony Bourdain, "Kitchen Confidential"

I use wrist straps and I just bought this new kind of glove that velcros around your wrist and a rubber like flap wraps around the weight or bar. There is no letting go with those things!!!! I especially love them for hanging leg raises or pull ups since my grip literally sucks!!!!

I have not used straps for anything in well over a year. My hand/grip/forearm strength has gone way up. I also use a 2" diameter bar for everything: chins, rows, deads, bench, curls, squats, stiff leggs, etc...

I also use a CoC gripper, wrist rollers, farmer's walks, hammer flexes, etc...but this is all part of my strongman training.

I like the idea of the bathroom scale...will definately try that one.

B True

Top Bottom