Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wrinkles

Gel

Time is creeping up on me and I have rather distinct wrinkles appearing on my forehead, not one to grow old gracefully I'd like to do something about them - what can I do apart from getting botox or a chemical peel.

I've heard of retinol A or something but it's all new to me!

If they're the result of habitual facial movements, like constant raising of the eyebrows, then I recommend Botox to paralyze that muscle. The more you keep making certain expressions, the stronger those facial muscles get and the deeper those wrinkles become. All the peels and creams in the world won't do much if you're continually "training" the very facial muscles that create those wrinkles.

If you still have lines when you're face is relaxed, then there several options. Retin A type creams (I use Evita which is a mild form) are good because they help speed up cell turnover and collegen production. I also have microdermabrasion every 2 months or so, alternating with a mild chemical peel. Not only do these help with exfoliation and smoothing lines, they also keep pores clean. One thing you need to watch out for is not overtreating your skin and getting it irritated, which can cause breakouts, over-dryness and even more lines. How much and what type of treatments depend on your skin type.

A good book is The Wrinkle Cure by NV Perricone. Nothing will "cure" wrinkles, but the book has a lot of good information about skin care and options.

You could use Frownies to hit that horizontal or veritical crease between the eyes. You sleep with one on each night. My mom uses them and the difference is amazing.

My dermatologist claimed the following re forehead wrinkles etc. The more you notice them getting worse when tired, stressed etc, the more happy with Botox you are. This is supposed to be a test for how much it's the muscle itself and how much it's the skin showing left-over damge.

I feel like she's trustworthy because she suggested mine were leftovers from childhood & adolescence peeling in a sailboat & not so likely to get good results from botox.

Keeping yourself hydrated is the most effective non-evasive thing to do. Use a moisturizer and sunblock...Oil of Olay works good and doesn't cost a fortune, it works especially well for the little fine lines around the lips, crows feet, and on the neck, it won't do anything for deeper lines. Even if you have oily skin, a moisturizer is a good thing...I apply it and let it sit for a few minutes, then I wipe off any excess with a damp washcloth before putting on my make-up since my skin is oily. I've seen some video's of befores and afters with botox...the results seem amazing but it's a bit pricey and you have to keep going back.

I'm a little skeptical about the frownies! hahaha. I guess anything is possible. I am only 22 and I am getting lines on my forehead (vertical at my brow). I just noticed it this week and it is scaring the hell out of me. :(

BeachBuff: What Lancome product do you use? I was thinking about using Clinque Turnaround Cream.

Top Bottom