Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would love some help with diet, program and maybe supps??

Jaydle83

Hi, I have been researching and reading posts in here for a while and thought it was finally time to post. I am 26yo female, 5' 10" (more on the masculine side, the way I like it!!) and I weigh approx 230lbs probably about 35-40%. I want to get down to about 170-180lbs and am willing to do anything, within reason! I have battled on and off for years with my weight and 7 years ago managed to lose about 40lbs but just never managed to get any lower since! I have a naturally bigger build but I am sort of in proportion if that makes sense...
I not only want to get my weight down I would also love to sculpt muscle/bulk up but am willing to attack one thing at a time! My one downfall is a mega sweet-tooth...
My diet and exercise program : I am open to suggestions. Also I work nights getting home about 0300ish...
Morning workout = 40mins cardio (cross trainer/spin bike) and 20mins dumbbell arm exercises
Meal 1 (0830) = Oats with low fat milk (can I add anything to sweeten?!??)
Meal 2 (1200) = Meat (chicken/steak/fish) with salad or veggies
Afternoon workout = Pretty similar to morning workout or swimming
Meal 3 (1530) = Fruit and raw veggies (atm, any better suggestions??)
Meal 4 (1900) = Meat (chicken/steak/fish) with salad or veggies
Meal 5 (2230) = Yoghurt or fruit and raw veggies (atm, any better suggestions??)
With a "cheat" meal 1-3 times a week - I just can't seem to help myself!
Im not very knowledgable about what to eat and the only thing I will not eat is eggs. I am unsure if I should use a pre/post workout shake or what I should be eating and when. I get the calories in has to be less than calories out but am unsure if my intake is too low? Too high?? I understand protein helps repair muscle etc and carbs for fuel.
I am more interested in woking out at home, I have free weights, fit ball and cross trainer, but if really necessary I do have access to a gym. Ironically would like to look better before I go there!!
I am interested too in any help with or advice to if I need any supplements?? Thermo fat burners?? Natural testosterone boosters?? Anti estrogens?? HGH?? Carb blockers?? No explod?? Lipo 6?? I have done some research but would rather hear from "experts" like you guys. Just to reiterate my goals - weight loss and build muscle. And I am more on the masculine side of female and thats the way I like it!!!
Any help will be greatly appreciated, and any questions please ask - I'm trying to be as honest as possible.
Cheers and thanks in advance.

Glad to have you here! :)

One thing I notice right off with your diet is that its void in fats? Even heart healthy ones. Is that for any particular reason?

Morning workout = 40mins cardio (cross trainer/spin bike) and 20mins dumbbell arm exercises
Meal 5 (2230) = Yoghurt or fruit and raw veggies (atm, any better suggestions??)

Meal 1 All carbs and no protein :(

Meal 2 Keep it!

Meal 3 All sugar or carbs and no protein :(

Meal 4 Keep it!

Meal 5 All sugar or carbs and no protein :(

Of course you can't help yourself! As sbt stated, there are no fats here - olive oil, nuts, anpb, avocado....- fats help you feel full, carbs stimulate hunger. You have set yourself up for failure unintentionally.

One day a week - the same day every week - for a cheat and that's it. Check the stickies for food information to learn a little more about the foods you should be focusing on. There is lots of info. there. The main focus of your meal should be your protein source and then build around that with your fats and carbs. :)

Hi, I have been researching and reading posts in here for a while and thought it was finally time to post. I am 26yo female, 5' 10" (more on the masculine side, the way I like it!!) and I weigh approx 230lbs probably about 35-40%. I want to get down to about 170-180lbs and am willing to do anything, within reason! I have battled on and off for years with my weight and 7 years ago managed to lose about 40lbs but just never managed to get any lower since! I have a naturally bigger build but I am sort of in proportion if that makes sense...
I not only want to get my weight down I would also love to sculpt muscle/bulk up but am willing to attack one thing at a time! My one downfall is a mega sweet-tooth...
My diet and exercise program : I am open to suggestions. Also I work nights getting home about 0300ish...
Im not very knowledgable about what to eat and the only thing I will not eat is eggs. I am unsure if I should use a pre/post workout shake or what I should be eating and when. I get the calories in has to be less than calories out but am unsure if my intake is too low? Too high?? I understand protein helps repair muscle etc and carbs for fuel.
I am more interested in woking out at home, I have free weights, fit ball and cross trainer, but if really necessary I do have access to a gym. Ironically would like to look better before I go there!!
I am interested too in any help with or advice to if I need any supplements?? Thermo fat burners?? Natural testosterone boosters?? Anti estrogens?? HGH?? Carb blockers?? No explod?? Lipo 6?? I have done some research but would rather hear from "experts" like you guys. Just to reiterate my goals - weight loss and build muscle. And I am more on the masculine side of female and thats the way I like it!!!
Any help will be greatly appreciated, and any questions please ask - I'm trying to be as honest as possible.
Cheers and thanks in advance.

Okay before you start attacking the fat burners, tes boosters, anti estrogens, etc... Lets first talk about your diet.

Morning workout = 40mins cardio (cross trainer/spin bike) and 20mins dumbbell arm exercises - Can you please give more detail regarding your training. How many days you train, what you train and how you train it & with what type of weight/rep scheme. Also, which are you doing first - your cardio or you workout?

Meal 1 (0830) = Oats with low fat milk (can I add anything to sweeten?!??) - Are you eating this before you workout and do your cardio? It would be better to have a protein shake here - I can suggest a few if you like.

Meal 2 (1200) = Meat (chicken/steak/fish) with salad or veggies - this is good.

Afternoon workout = Pretty similar to morning workout or swimming - same questions applies what is your workout and are you doing your cardio before you lift or after?

Meal 3 (1530) = Fruit and raw veggies (atm, any better suggestions??) - remember fruit is pure sugar, be easy with this - limit it to one small piece everyother day. Raw veggies are good - make sure they are dark and you NEED TO ADD protein to this meal.

Meal 4 (1900) = Meat (chicken/steak/fish) with salad or veggies - this is good - again make sure the salad and/or veggies are all dark.

Meal 5 (2230) = Yoghurt or fruit and raw veggies (atm, any better suggestions??) - this is not good - get rid of the yogurt and fruit - this would be a good place for a protein shake or meat with veggies.

With a "cheat" meal 1-3 times a week - I just can't seem to help myself! - limit it to once per week...

Im not very knowledgable about what to eat and the only thing I will not eat is eggs. - that is okay, but eggs are the best food source you can eat - they are the only food that has a 100% complete amino acid profile.

I am unsure if I should use a pre/post workout shake or what I should be eating and when. back off on some of your fruit and add a little more protein and regarding sweetners - use stevia. Also, you should not end your day with carbs nor do you need them right before you workout - make your body utilize its fat for energy instead of tapping into the carbs you feed it.

I get the calories in has to be less than calories out but am unsure if my intake is too low? Too high?? Don't worry about your caloric intakejust yet - your portions should be approx 5oz on meats and about a cup on veges

I will be more than happy to assist you further just let me know. I hope that this helps a little.

Anita
www.anitaramsey.com: Personal site, online training, articles,...
[URL="http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com/"]www.needto[/URL]buildmuscle.com: Supplements, articles,...
www.highpeaksbarbellclub.com: High altitude sport training facility, bodybuilding, figure, powerlifting, articles,...
www.christinemarshdesigns.com: Best posing suits out there...

I would also swap out the yogurt in your 5th meal and add in something like cottage cheese or a slow digesting protein shake WITH some additional fats to help keep you sustained through the night. Also, are you weighing your food? That would help us be able to give you more direction as 'meat with salad or veggies' could be 2, 3, or 6 oz etc and of course all that adds up at the end of the day. But I would also aim to include a portion of protein with each meal.

WOW:google: All the information so far is amazing! Thank you so much already!! Ok here goes...
1. One thing I notice right off with your diet is that its void in fats? Even heart healthy ones. Is that for any particular reason?
No, I didn't even consider the good ones, plus I probably would have chosen bad ones. I guess I figured that I would get what I needed from other sources. My bad, any suggestions?? Definitly going to do some research on that.
2. Can you please give more detail regarding your training. How many days you train, what you train and how you train it & with what type of weight/rep scheme. Also, which are you doing first - your cardio or you workout?
Ok so I do my cardio first and I like to go easy to medium pace on the cross trainer for about 2-3mins and then flat out for 1min for the 30-40mins I'm on there. With my dumbbells I do 3sets of 12reps each of bicep curls, shoulder press, chest press, butterflies and ticep extensions all whilst sitting or laying on my fit ball. I also usually finish with sit ups/crunches on the ball too, and sometimes some squats and lunges. Please pick this apart I obviously need help!!
3. Meal 1 = oats with low fat milk. Are you eating this before you workout and do your cardio? It would be better to have a protein shake here - I can suggest a few if you like.
I like to workout before I eat brekky. I always thought protein shakes would like help me put weight on so I have never thought about them - but I would love it if you could offer some guidence as to which one, that'd be great!
4. Meal 2 = Meat (chicken/steak/fish) with salad or veggies - this is good.
Ok so my portion sizes are usually like protein = approx my palm and the salad/veggies about the size of my fist. Is this enough?? Or am I wrong and there is a better way??!
5. Afternoon workout
I workout about 1400-1430ish. And its much the same as the morning one. Should I be doing completely different exercises?? Sometime I like to swim but yeah not that happy to be in a bathing suit - noone should have to see that anyways!!
5. Meal 3 = Fruit and raw veggies (atm, any better suggestions??) - remember fruit is pure sugar, be easy with this - limit it to one small piece everyother day. Raw veggies are good - make sure they are dark and you NEED TO ADD protein to this meal.
Could you please explain dark?? Like no corn, potato etc and only things like zucchini? Beans? Just not 100% sure what you mean there sorry, cheers.
6. Meal 4 = Meat (chicken/steak/fish) with salad or veggies - this is good - again make sure the salad and/or veggies are all dark.
Again just the dark veggies and salad?? Should I be having both?? Or something completely different??
7. Meal 5 = Yoghurt or fruit and raw veggies (atm, any better suggestions??) - this is not good - get rid of the yogurt and fruit - this would be a good place for a protein shake or meat with veggies.
Yeah figured I would cop flack for this meal!! Its just easy because I have this one at work about 2230. Protein shake sounds nice and convenient though. As above would love your suggestions as to which one.
8. Eggs are the best food source you can eat - they are the only food that has a 100% complete amino acid profile.
I know they are so good for you, but I just cant bring myself to eat them I have tried but I just gag and get sick! I could MAYBE try an omelette - but there would have to be lots of stuff in it! Any suggestions for filling?? Or is there anything you can substitute for eggs??
9. Cheat once a week - I'm sure with the improvements to my diet I can do it!! Plus it will be like my treat yeah?? Something to look forward to.
Thank you all so much once again, just an awesome source of information for a newbie like myself. I am willing to completely throw all my ideas out the window and take advice and a new plan - with regard to diet, exercise and anything else!!
Much appreciated and I eagerly await any more responses I get.
Cheers everyone!!

Follow the diet advice here and you will see amazing results.
Everything you achieve comes from what you eat, when you eat, how much you eat and knowing why you eat that way!
Best of luck!

WOW:google: All the information so far is amazing! Thank you so much already!! Ok here goes...

No, I didn't even consider the good ones, plus I probably would have chosen bad ones. I guess I figured that I would get what I needed from other sources. My bad, any suggestions?? Definitly going to do some research on that.
Absolutely, you can throw in a whole egg with a couple of egg whites to your first meal since you were lacking protein their anyways. Other options would be almonds, cashews, walnuts, all-natural peanut butter (or any nut butter) olive oil, or avocado.
Ok so I do my cardio first and I like to go easy to medium pace on the cross trainer for about 2-3mins and then flat out for 1min for the 30-40mins I'm on there. With my dumbbells I do 3sets of 12reps each of bicep curls, shoulder press, chest press, butterflies and ticep extensions all whilst sitting or laying on my fit ball. I also usually finish with sit ups/crunches on the ball too, and sometimes some squats and lunges. Please pick this apart I obviously need help!!
If I were you I would surely try to get something in your stomach if you are lifting first thing in the morning, even if its as simple as a protein shake.

I like to workout before I eat brekky. I always thought protein shakes would like help me put weight on so I have never thought about them - but I would love it if you could offer some guidence as to which one, that'd be great!
check out Supplement Kingdom for a variety of them, I like to have a whey and a whey/casein blend on hand just depending on the time of day I am using it. The casein is slower digesting so keeps you fuller a little longer.

Ok so my portion sizes are usually like protein = approx my palm and the salad/veggies about the size of my fist. Is this enough?? Or am I wrong and there is a better way??!
My first suggestion, if you are serious about wanting to lose weight is to go ahead and get a kitchen scale I believe most are anywhere from $10-20 and they will take the guess work out of "wondering" if you are getting enough.

Could you please explain dark?? Like no corn, potato etc and only things like zucchini? Beans? Just not 100% sure what you mean there sorry, cheers.
Some great veggies are broccoli, green beans, spinach, asparagus, bell peppers, cauliflower.

Again just the dark veggies and salad?? Should I be having both?? Or something completely different??
If you are gonna have a salad, you can use a tbsp of olive oil as a dressing or toss some nuts on it for those added heart healthy fats I was suggesting.

I know they are so good for you, but I just cant bring myself to eat them I have tried but I just gag and get sick! I could MAYBE try an omelette - but there would have to be lots of stuff in it! Any suggestions for filling?? Or is there anything you can substitute for eggs??
I liked diced peppers, spinach, and chicken/lean beef in my omelettes.

You are welcome to by the way! You have come to a great place for information, just keep asking questions since its the best way to learn!!

Top Bottom