Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Workouts seem too long..advice?

maybeyeah

I used to split my weight days into upper body and lower body but (at the advice of my former trainer) went back to full body workouts every other day.

Currently I'm doing:
4-6x a week cardio
(non-weighted day I do 60 mins in target hr)
(weight days I do full body workout and then 40 mins cardio after in target)

I am able to pull this off without too much exhaustion but it makes my weight days VERY long (ususally +/- 2 hours.)

My goal is fat loss. Should I stick to the current routine or split it again?

I've also thought about going back to doing cardio in the morning on weight days and lifting at night. I just fear getting burned out and falling off the train (which I seem to have a habit of doing.)

Thanks A million!

maybeyeah said:
I used to split my weight days into upper body and lower body but (at the advice of my former trainer) went back to full body workouts every other day.

Currently I'm doing:
4-6x a week cardio
(non-weighted day I do 60 mins in target hr)
(weight days I do full body workout and then 40 mins cardio after in target)

I am able to pull this off without too much exhaustion but it makes my weight days VERY long (ususally +/- 2 hours.)

My goal is fat loss. Should I stick to the current routine or split it again?

I've also thought about going back to doing cardio in the morning on weight days and lifting at night. I just fear getting burned out and falling off the train (which I seem to have a habit of doing.)

Thanks A million!

FIRST.....too much cardio, Girl! Cut it back!

Second, split it out. There are a couple of ways you can do that, depending on how many times a week you want to train each muscle group. You can to an upper/lower split, 2 muscle groups per session, or split it out even more to one muscle per day. If you're going to train a muscle group more than once a week, make sure that muscle is fully recovered before training it again.

scorpiogirl said:
FIRST.....too much cardio, Girl! Cut it back!

I really don't understand how some of the ladies here can stand doing that much cardio, I want to pull out my hair doing any of it. lol

I agree with SG try weight training 2 muscles were workout.

And if you aren't exhausted after all of that you aren't training hard enough, please check out "Shadow's plan", it will help you with a good training split.

Is there anyway you can do cardio in the morning of the days you do weights? If you can, I would change your 40 min steady state on weight days to 30 min HIIT. If you do HIIT in the AM just 2-3 times a week, I don't think that is too much. But I would also cut back your 60 min sessions back too. No reason to do 60 min of cardio.

Also, too much steady state cardio ... all that cardio is basically negating your weight training, especially 40 plus min after weight training. I would change some of those cardio sessions to HIIT.

Cardio is NOT going to make or break results - DIET DIET DIET will make or break results. Too much cardio WILL BREAK you and your results - it wilL catabolize your muscle tissue, and slow results. Especially if your diet is not VERY high in protein and balanced throughout the day.

Miss24k said:
I really don't understand how some of the ladies here can stand doing that much cardio, I want to pull out my hair doing any of it. lol

I agree with SG try weight training 2 muscles were workout.

And if you aren't exhausted after all of that you aren't training hard enough, please check out "Shadow's plan", it will help you with a good training split.
I second that! I wish I didn't have to do so much... but at least it's only high intensity for three days.... low intensity 3 days.

Top Bottom