Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is a Workout Split Necessary?

I am hands-down a morning workout girl. I love doing cardio or lifting first thing in the morning. I have tried several times to split cardio and lifting only to find that my afternoon workout suffers horribly.

Usually this isn't a problem, but I've been trying to cut a little bit of fat lately and I love busting my ass doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. I cannot do this in conjunction with lifting, so I have to sacrifice some of my empty-stomach-cardio mornings to lift. I'll usually do 20 minutes of light-moderate cardio on those days after I lift.

Does anyone have any suggestions that maybe I haven't thought of to re-arrange my workouts that would be conducive to cutting?

P.S. Yes, I know, I'm CRAZY for cutting during the holiday season! I spent from the end of July until the beginning of October trying to put on some muscle. I find that it works for me to go by what I'm motivated to do (ie bulking, cutting) rather than by seasons (winter=bulking, summer=cutting). I do realize I've taken on a big challenge here! :chomp:

Morning cardio for you is longer duration steady-state?

Assuming this is true, maybe try some HIIT after a weight workout? I know that would be tough - since HIIT takes so much out of you, and your weight workouts are tough anyway...but it might be a way to shock your body and give the metabolism a serious boost. You could do a 2 min warm up, 15 min of intervals, 3 min cool down.

Just a thought. :)

Daisy_Girl said:
Morning cardio for you is longer duration steady-state?

Assuming this is true, maybe try some HIIT after a weight workout? I know that would be tough - since HIIT takes so much out of you, and your weight workouts are tough anyway...but it might be a way to shock your body and give the metabolism a serious boost. You could do a 2 min warm up, 15 min of intervals, 3 min cool down.

Just a thought. :)

Yeah, morning cardio is about 30-45 minutes... more often 45 minutes lately.

That's a good idea... I'll try it. Thanks ;)

Top Bottom