Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out When Sick?

Raina

Banned
Good idea or a bad idea?? I have a really bad upper resp. infection along with some sort of flu that the rest of my family has. I've spent the last couple of days in bed. I've have no energy at all and feel completely drained. Today's the first day that I'm actually somewhat-functional. I have almost no voice, but I don't feel quite so lethargic.

Anyhow, I'm supposed to lift this afternoon with my trainer. Is it wise to cancel and just baby my body or would it be okay to just go?? Advise welcome. I want to do whatever's going to be of most benefit to my health.

Kate

id still give it one more day. maybe just do some light cardio, and if you feel better tomorrow then you can train.

If you have a fever, don't exercise. Rest. Sometimes a viral infection can affect the heart as well. During heavy exertion, you can generate an arrhythmia and drop dead.

If you don't have a fever but fell drained, perhaps some light cardio or light lifting, slow paced. It sometimes helps to clear the head. But no heavy lifting.

W6

w6,

Is it OK/useful/effective to do cardio when you have a common cold ?

(If your session is intense, you wear a sweat shirt, your temperature increases which kills the virus ???)

I didn't know that spatt, You sure that is true? Cause if so, that is pretty cool about the virus being dormant and not being able to kill it. Thanks for the info :)

SPATTERSON IS RIGHT THERE IS NOTHING THAT WILL KILL A VIRUS. YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM WILL SUPPRESS IT IN ITS OWN TIME. YOU SHOULDNT WORK OUT, IT WILL ONLY PUT STRESS ON YOUR BODY AND TAKE LONGER FOR YOU TO GET WELL.

yep....right on spatts!! and raina.... u knoooow what i think:)

yea brickgirl.... think of AIDS.... :( ....

That is sooo cool, I never knew that, thanks for the info :)

(I get real excited with new information that other people will say I am crazy for telling them that) :)

BrickGirl said:
That is sooo cool, I never knew that, thanks for the info :)

(I get real excited with new information that other people will say I am crazy for telling them that) :)

u r too cute BG!!:) i LUV to learn new things too!!

OK,
thanks spatterson for the info

I won't workout if I get sick...
... and I have just install Norton 2002 :mix:

Top Bottom