Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working out legs

maggietisdale

[FONT=&quot]I realize it is important to weight train in order to lose fat so I have added that to my program 4 days a week. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If I am running 5 days a week do I have to add additional weight training in for my legs? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I kind of don't want to do so because my legs are already my most powerful part of my body and I don't think I want more muscle on them. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Will I not reach the full benifits of weight training if I don't work my legs or will the running do it for me?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]All advice and comments are totally appreciated!!!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I realize it is important to weight train in order to lose fat so I have added that to my program 4 days a week. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If I am running 5 days a week do I have to add additional weight training in for my legs? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I kind of don't want to do so because my legs are already my most powerful part of my body and I don't think I want more muscle on them. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Will I not reach the full benifits of weight training if I don't work my legs or will the running do it for me?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I suggest you add in sprinting into your running and add in medium weight and heavy weight training.

For best results run 2-4 days a week, weight train 2-4 days a week. You can do fasted short distance running in morning, then weight training later in day.
If you eat in morning then I suggest you weight training first then do running post weight training or later in day.

If you start getting shin splints (pain in your lower leg front, in the bone area) I suggest you lower your running and add in more weight training. A good exercise for shin splints are...
Put a medium weight on your toes, then try to lift the weight as high as possible while keeping your heal on the ground. Repeat for many sets and reps.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I highly recommend you don't skip weight training your legs. These are your largest muscles and will net you the most metabolic benefit

if you are running 5X per week then you might want to skip weight training altogether.

i been there and done that. all i did was wear my body down. focus on 1 thing at a time, maybe just mabye if you were super young you could get away with it but it will catch up to you

weight training and the gym will always be there in the future when you get tired of running and vice versa. there is a reason football coaches fight and scratch for their players to commit to JUST FOOTBALL, they hate when their players play mutli sports

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
You need to pick what you want. Big strong muscular legs or runners legs

Top Bottom