Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Women and powerlifting

Zustonan

I have not seen many women doing powerlifting – bodybuilding and fitness sure a lot, but not powerlifting. Is there any special reason for that? Maybe you know some women who do this sport? I consider trying it, but wanted to know if there is any special reason why women don't do it.

Women also practice powerlifting, so there are no particular counterindications in that regard. I think that the major reason is that in powerlifting you need to lift a lot, and for that you need lots of mass. However, women will usually do bodybuilding and fitness for esthetics – not for PR's in lifting heavy stuff. But yet again – there are women doing powerlifting, so it you want to, feel free to give it a try.

I know a few that do. It's simple really. Look at what most people train - it's not for strength - it's for vanity and appearance. They wanna look good.

Now for guys (usually younger guys) it's arms and a six pack. Girls is a flatter belly and a tighter ass. Power and strength don't rate too highly.

I see - all about the fashion. Do you think a woman can still look feminine and good when doing powerlifting?

Nothing to do with fashion at all. As for what we think about whether they look good or not - it's unimportant. What do you think as you asked the question? Powerlifting and strength is not like Bodybuilding where what you look like can help with your scores - only how much weight you lift is of interest.

I see - all about the fashion. Do you think a woman can still look feminine and good when doing powerlifting?

Women do not have the hormonal system needed to build big bulky muscles. All weight training will do as a female is sculpt and tone your physique.

Watch the weight lifting in the olympics. The women competing are not overly muscular or masculine looking by any means. They look athletic and feminine.

That will also greatly depend on your type of figure, and how you will train, but I think that it is perfectly feasible to stay feminine even in those sports.

Honestly a lot of powerlifters have big guts. They tend to not care about body fat because being big gives them more power. Women in general are very concerned about how they look and would rather be lean. That is my best guess.

Top Bottom