Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Women Poll: How soon did you notice weight loss on Cytomel?

I too, have been prescribed Cytomel for Hypothyroidism. I gained 70+ lbs. between 2010 and 2012. I researched the heck out of this, and begged my endo to prescribe it to me...When I finally started taking cytomel in July of 2012, I lost 50 lbs., taking a very conservative dosage of 12.5 mcg. per day- 5 mcg 6 am / 2.5 mcg 11 am /5 mcg 3 pm. My weight loss has been stalled for over 6 months, so it was increased to 15 mcg. 3x's per day, and in 1 1/2 weeks I've lost 4 lbs. ( I know my weight loss is a result of taking cytomel because prior to taking it, I was working out on a daily basis, for 1 month straight- and I didn't lose 1 lb.) to say I was discouraged is an understatement- but I realize being hypothyroid is the equivalent to having a metabolism that is non-functional (for lack of proper term). My Dr. (being very conservative)(MGH) agreed to write this script IF I passed a stress test!!

Last edited:
You have no idea how grateful I am that I found your post!! When my thyroid crashed in 2010, I had a trainer 3x a week for 3 months plus extra cardio days - and didn't lose a pound. I gained 10 lbs within a week and have since gained 15 more. I'm getting Cytomel from a friend as my endo refuses to do anything other than levothyroxine. THANK YOU for sharing your success and dosages. I now know where to start!!

With Hashimotos it's up and down. My last tests were all in normal ranges but I'd like to feel better more consistently. Right now, today, my thyroid is enlarged (quite a bit) but I lost my job yesterday and cried a lot, so I'm assuming it's stress related.

I know this thread is old but does anyone have any information on cytomel ? I need help much appreciated !

I have done a lot!!!! of research on different forums and online. Would like a personal opinion. Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
Do you know your levels? Cytomel can also shut your own thyroid down and has a hell of a rebound effect.
yes this is true, but if you need it its for life regardless if it shuts down rest of own or not. kind of like the guys taking hrt stuff, they prettymuch accept the loss of rest of production to stay at normal levels.

i used it for fatloss at 40mcg ed and took couple weeks for me, the first week i felt was more water ( couple lbs)

yes this is true, but if you need it its for life regardless if it shuts down rest of own or not. kind of like the guys taking hrt stuff, they prettymuch accept the loss of rest of production to stay at normal levels.

i used it for fatloss at 40mcg ed and took couple weeks for me, the first week i felt was more water ( couple lbs)

Of course. Taking it because you need it is totally different than taking it for fat loss. If you have a normal thyroid and you take T3 for fat loss, there is a risk of shutting down your own thyroid, at least temporarily.

Top Bottom