Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Winter Dry skin blues?

Evil_Frisky

~Show Quality Bitch~
Platinum
A few years ago I ran into an amazing body butter that has saved my skin in the winter and summer months....

Its a fairly inexpensive Body butter that can be found at WalMart that is made By Tree Hut. It comes in four different Scents and all have Shea Butter in them.

Its very thick... I normally apply it directly out of the Shower when my skin is still damp, it glides right on smoothly. Stays on for the entire day... keeps the skin moist and smelling oh so yummy..

I aslo apply it to my feet... really thick and then put my socks on... sleep with it... Nice smooth feet the next morning ;)

I've only tried the Nut Butter and the Mango Butter.. both smell delicious and work wonders on dry skin.

Last edited:
Ouuuuu have to try that.

I had receive a gift pack of body butters from Body shop a year or two ago and I recall liking them as well.

I woke up with my legs itching.....oh I hate this weather..I had to get out of bed turn on the light apply lotion....and hubby was not all to happy with me....lol

Also make your own Body Scrub to use in the shower.

Mix 1 cup Turbinado Sugar
1/4 cup oatmeal (dry)
[I like to pulse both of these slightly in a mini food processor for a finer texture]
8-20 drops of essential oil (currently using Tangerine)
Approx. 4 ounces Grapeseed, Almond, Walnut, or Vegetable Oil or Glycerine or a combo of any/all

Mix it all together in a plastic container & keep in the shower. Works great!!

If you don't feel like making it, Trader Joe's sells a Brown Sugar body scrub for $5.99

I will look for that lotion next time I'm at Walmart too....

jenscats5 said:
Also make your own Body Scrub to use in the shower.

Mix 1 cup Turbinado Sugar
1/4 cup oatmeal (dry)
[I like to pulse both of these slightly in a mini food processor for a finer texture]
8-20 drops of essential oil (currently using Tangerine)
Approx. 4 ounces Grapeseed, Almond, Walnut, or Vegetable Oil or Glycerine or a combo of any/all

Mix it all together in a plastic container & keep in the shower. Works great!!

If you don't feel like making it, Trader Joe's sells a Brown Sugar body scrub for $5.99

I will look for that lotion next time I'm at Walmart too....

Thank you Jen's I will certainly try that... ;)

K to you sugar.. as soon as I recharge

Hmm, I'll have to try these body butters that you speak of, Frisky. :)

I've been using a body butter from The Body Shop, and I like it so far. Damn the cold, dry, winter weather!

I use this new Oil of Olay Body Lotion in the shower stuff and I use this really good body butter cream by Clinique after I get out of the shower.

My skin is so dry it hurts. My face especially which is weird since at any given time I'm wearing about a zillion coats of lotion. I'm finally using burts bees beeswax night cream. I've had it for a while but it was so thick I was scared to use it (in the summer). Now it actually makes me feel better.

My dad was all excited about lotion he got. It was gold bond ultra. My first thought was "ick" but it smelled good and was really rich. Darn winter!

:heart: not sure they have this kind in canada but bought one called simple basic from walmart and they have about four different kinds i bought mango, coconut and chocolate.. man cant get enough and my skin has always been soft but now is sickiening soft.. Thanks frisky :heart:

CanadianCutie said:
:heart: not sure they have this kind in canada but bought one called simple basic from walmart and they have about four different kinds i bought mango, coconut and chocolate.. man cant get enough and my skin has always been soft but now is sickiening soft.. Thanks frisky :heart:

Damn sounds like good stuff...I'll have to pick some up. :)

Top Bottom