Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Winstrol and Women

52_21_30 said:
Hello ladies. Sorry to wander over here, but I saw the title of the thread and thought I could chime in. It's been my experience with many female friends of mine that anavar is much preferred over winstrol. They are used for the same reasons (cutting cycles) and even though winstrol is not terribly androgenic (from a man's perspective), anavar is by far the better choice. It is one of the safest AAS available and is used medically in women with various muscle wasting disorders. I also have heard from female competitors that they experience joint pain on 25 mg of winstrol. No such complaints with anavar.

I use anywhere from 100-150 mg of winstrol daily in my pre-contest stacks and I can tell you it surely destroys my lipid panel and gives me horrible headaches. I can't speak of how it would affect it at a much lower dose, but with most AS, the side effects seem to present themselves at dosages at or below what is needed to achieve the desired effect. All I could say is if it were someone I was advising personally I would strictly tell them to avoid winstrol (as a female). But the use of any drugs is really ill-advised unless you're competing or (maybe) modeling. Even at that, the most advanced I would go for a cutting cycle would be low dose GH and anavar.

Hope this helped.

Appreciate the input but here's a perfect example of why we probably annoy people by not answering the question about the drugs right away. None of them matter if your diet isn't already dialed in. The REASON for using drugs is just WRONG here. The part about which drug is appropriate is not even within the realm. The part about needign to get the diet & training in order before even discussing drugs as an appropriate solution is the ONLY part that is relevant.

Its usually a guy who suggests one of the various drugs to "cut u up & lean you out" when they tend to know jackshit about women using drugs and how much more important it is to have the DIET & TRAINING tight before even discussing anything else.

In this case, sounds like fairly skinny (no offense chica, just you are very tall and very light but higher bodyfat than one would think probably because you have less muscle and not that you have more fat) and absolutely not enough expertise or experience w/ just diet & training to even think drugs are a viable solution. Eat the right macro ratios, train like a muthafucka and give it 8 weeks. The drugs just introduce a whole world of issues that will only make things more complicated and not get results if the DIET & TRAINING (again back to those because those are the foundation and you can't get around that) arent' already optimized.

Dirt Bike Girl said:
Just looking for some extra help and heard that Winstrol makes you lose fat fast...

All I have to add to what's been posted is that, in men, Winstrol makes the body look harder and certainly more vascular. When you combine that with a caloric deficit you get hard, vascular, and ripped.

You might check out Anthony Roberts' article on Winstrol on Mesomorphosis. I thought it was very enlightening. :)

52_21_30 said:
Sorry. With my clients and those I give advice to having diet and training dialed in is a given. I wasnt aware that was not the case here.

There's always a little question / answer / understand the situation when someone new comes to the board. Sometimes it comes across as hard ass or whatever but the 'norm' is NOT diet & training dialed in. Its usually "My boyfriend told me winstrol will lean me out" and "my diet is good". Hang out here and a few other fitness boards for 6+ yrs and you'll also see that.

Anyway, don't mean to come across as nazi-ish but just trying to start somewhere useful... Speaking as a competitor and veteran lifter, a "good" diet is fine for a first pass at 'getting in shape' but for specific results, a couple more tweaks of the diet usually show you first that your original diet maybe wasnt' so great, most of the myths the media feeds you are wrong and drugs are so far down the list of ways to accomplish things, its just a good place to start.

:)

Dirt Bike Girl said:
Just looking for some extra help and heard that Winstrol makes you lose fat fast...

Let me guess ...... a male "friend" told you that? :rolleyes:

WHat Sassy said.

Also, check out the STICKIES at the top .... like "New to EF .... Start here!" and "Links to Top Threads" those will help you IMMENSELY.

Welcome! :)

Happy New Year to all! Thanks for all of your input. I checked out the "New to EF" thread- thanks Sassy69 for all that information. I see there is a lot more that I needed to include and that my diet really isn't that great! My goal is really to tone up especially on the backside and legs. I know I already said my height & weight is 5'10" and 140lbs, but if it helps at all- measurements are 36" 26" 37". My training and cardio is running 25-30 min/day, lunges 3 sets of 12 (every day after running), Jump rope (alternate 200 & 300/day). Then I do push ups 3 times a week.

Meals are:
Breakfast: Bowl of cereal and apple
snack on on crackers/Nutri Grain bar/ cheese slices throughout the day.
Lunch: Usually Subway
Dinner: Includes whatever I usually have around the house like spaghetti, chicken tacos, or Chicken parmesan.

Confession: Also, my vice is sweets so I absolutely cave when there is ice cream lurking around! Bad!

It sounds like I need to work more on building muscle too.

I am going to tweak up my diet more. Thanks for taking the time to explain how important the basics are!

with that diet and training...leave the AAS alone at this point

Dirt Bike Girl said:
Happy New Year to all! Thanks for all of your input. I checked out the "New to EF" thread- thanks Sassy69 for all that information. I see there is a lot more that I needed to include and that my diet really isn't that great! My goal is really to tone up especially on the backside and legs. I know I already said my height & weight is 5'10" and 140lbs, but if it helps at all- measurements are 36" 26" 37". My training and cardio is running 25-30 min/day, lunges 3 sets of 12 (every day after running), Jump rope (alternate 200 & 300/day). Then I do push ups 3 times a week.

Meals are:
Breakfast: Bowl of cereal and apple
snack on on crackers/Nutri Grain bar/ cheese slices throughout the day.
Lunch: Usually Subway
Dinner: Includes whatever I usually have around the house like spaghetti, chicken tacos, or Chicken parmesan.

Confession: Also, my vice is sweets so I absolutely cave when there is ice cream lurking around! Bad!

It sounds like I need to work more on building muscle too.

I am going to tweak up my diet more. Thanks for taking the time to explain how important the basics are!

Its not rocket science but it isn't intuitively obvious either. The best way to illustrate that I know of is to actually look at what you are eating very specifically -- like is mentioned in that Are you new... sticky -- put a typical day's meal plan into a food counts program like www.fitday.com. It takes a little time to set up but it is so powerful in how it illustrates what youa re REALLY eating. If you eyeball your portions and it "seems" like you are eating well, I can can guarantee we can poke about 10 holes in that assumption within 30 seconds. Then you have a place to start as far as what you "thought" was good and what may be better choices or change a couple basic assumptions - and then I can almost guarantee you will see changes within 3-4 weeks --- and even some within a few days. You have to remember that it takes your body a few days to respond to changes for ex. you ever notice how you feel bloated the day AFTER you eat a pile of shit food? That's usually water weight -- the retention or dropping of water is usually one of the first things. Then the quality of your sleep / your energy levels. Then if you stick to the changes in the diet honestly and consistently for about 3 weeks (it takes about 3 weeks to establish a habit consistently and also about 3 weeks for your body to identify what is "typical" as far as the amount & type of "fuel" or food it is getting on a regular basis) - you will see results.

Do you have access to a regular gym or where do you train? Its good what you do, but there are a myriad of other things, particularly increasing weight resistance training that will help build lean muscle mass.

I think it's wonderful that ya'll ask questions & get to the root of the problem before giving advice. It had actually crossed my mind to start some anavar so that I could get huge quick. ??? Of course I knew NOTHING about it, and I am glad I came to this site and read all of the wonderful advice about diet & workout without AAS. Now I am doing it all on my own & I gotta say... it feels good. You girls really kick some ASS.

Top Bottom