Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who here does unassisted chin-ups or pull-ups?

Bwahah! Daisy, I did a major double take when I read that, I was like "REALLY!!??" *lol*

JensCat, I'm in the same boat and that one I can do, is not pretty. :( Why are they so damn hard?

I can do nine or ten chins - or, on a good day, three wide-grip pullups. Now I wanna be able to dip.

I used to do chins twice a week (even though I was doing everything else once a week), for some reason that helped a lot.

I just think my butt is too big. I can't pull it up. :) lol

Chin ups are one of those things that you HAVE to do regularly. Like pushups and most bodyweight exercises. Once you start doing them regularly, they become a little easier. UGH!

Lola: That's awesome! My goal is to do ten good ones, I'm a long way away, but I'll get there eventually. :) I haven't been doing 2x a week though..maybe I'll try that for awhile..

Daisy: :lmao: Nothing makes me feel more of a lardass than when I'm struggling to do 2 chinups, and then the guy right after me does them effortlessly using weight... D'oh! :rolleyes:

I am struggling with chinups myself.
can't do any yet (unassisted), although I have been using the assisted chin machine with pulling up to 3/4 of my bw. usually 4sets 1x wk. as well as a few assisted chins on the bar occasionally...
Anyone have any suggestions?? :confused: thanks :)

Lola: ten chins! Wow, that's great :)

Last edited:
I mainly do neutral grip pullups, a little wide than shoulder width. These really hit the lats nicely, and don't bother my shoulders when they're healthy.

I usually do 4 sets of 6 or so; at one point I was weighting them with 15 lbs. for 5 sets of 4, but I had to back off for a while thanks to a bum shoulder. I just started them again and haven't tossed weight on yet.

Top Bottom