Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Where Do I Start?

Chelseapatch

Hello All,

I have been lurking here off an on for a while now, and I finally decided to join today because I am sick of living like this. I want to change my life for the better and be a healthy, strong woman for the first time in my life.

I am 37 years old, 5'1", and I weigh 302 pounds. I want to adopt a fitness lifestyle, but all the advice for people just starting out are for people much smaller than me and don't have the physical issues I must content with. While I do have a lot of strenghth and endurance for my size (I can do 1 hour of cardio on the elliptical machine and I do so at least 4x a week), my biggest issue is trying to find someone who will train with me and help me create a weight training and fitness routine that can accomodate my current physical limitations.

For instance, I can do Roman chair situps (very painfully!), crunches in 100-rep sets, and most of the upper body machines with 50 or more pounds of weight. But doing squats and lunges are out ot the question for me because of the strain on my knees and the fact that my thighs measure 30" around, and it's difficult for me to fit into most of the leg press machines at my gym.

I really don't know where to go from here anymore; I have been trying unsuccessfully to make some progress, but at this point I need some serious help. I need to develop a work out plan that will give me the variety, intensity, and safety that I need to get real results, but I am at a loss at where to begin. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chelseapatch

Hey girl! Welcome to EF! The first step is to say "HELL YEA, I WANNA DO IT!" Next step is usually ".... ok now what?" (Trust me, we've all been there...)

A good place to start is to check the stickies at the top of the board - especially this one:

Are you new to EF Women's Board - START HERE!http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388278

Lots of the girls have followed the Shadow Project (referenced in that thread) w/ great luck.

Lots of great support, info & love here so don't feel shy!

THANK YOU for finally posting!!! :wavey: Welcome to ef ... Check our the stickies at the top in case you already haven't. :)

What have you been eating in the past. Everything ... I'd like to know where you are coming from with diet. Too little, too much, not enough this or that.. can you give a sample day? cookies & all :D

Welcome to EF and GREAT job on posting!!!

:wavey: Welcome to EF!! Glad to have you here....I'm 37 too.....

What's the food intake look like?? Can you post up a typical schedule?

Top Bottom