Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When is it right?

flexygrl

Hi everyone,

I think I am ready to have a baby. Some of my reservations for not doing it are:

1) weight gain, I am really scared about this.
2) After 6 weeks I would have to go back to work

That's basically it. I know it will change my life, but I honestly don't think it will change it a lot. We go on 2 vacations a year, we can still do that. We can still work out. I'm just so confused. I keep thinking about it and have honestly come to the conclusion that there is never going to be a perfect time. So when did you decide? What issues have come up since the birth of your child, and how did you deal with them?

Last edited:
Everyone told me it would change my life too. They also told me I'd never have my body back, never look the same, never this, never that. I came to find that these things were just a bunch of their shortcomings, attempting to be displaced on me. I stayed active and lifted while I was pregnant, but I still put on around 80 pounds, weighing in at 220 to have him and about 200 when I came home. IMO, the bottom line is attitude. If you let it be the end of the world, it will be. If you make a plan and act on a plan that is a positive one, where another human joins your life, then, IMO, it's a great thing. I can see where the 6 week thing would bother you, and if it's a priority for you to be home, then you may want to consider waiting, but plase don't stress over the weight thing. When you hold him/her you won't care about that, and he or she can go on walks with you to help you get back into condition. Before you know it you will be doing 50 pound giggling overhead presses with buns in your hands. :)

spatts said:
IMO, the bottom line is attitude. If you let it be the end of the world, it will be. If you make a plan and act on a plan that is a positive one, where another human joins your life, then, IMO, it's a great thing. I can see where the 6 week thing would bother you, and if it's a priority for you to be home, then you may want to consider waiting, but plase don't stress over the weight thing. When you hold him/her you won't care about that, and he or she can go on walks with you to help you get back into condition. Before you know it you will be doing 50 pound giggling overhead presses with buns in your hands. :)

Thank God you didn't listen to "everyone"...:angel:

flexygrl good luck to you...it's a beautiful thing :)

Thank you so much!!! I've been thinking about it for awhile now. One day this week I was working on a professors computer(i'm in I.T.) and his wife showed up with their 2 kids. A 2 year old and a 5 month old. She looked great. Anyway the 5 month old was sooooo cute. When she saw her dad she smiled. It was the biggest, cutest smile I have ever seen.

What's your husband think about this?

Also, do you know if the professor's wife trains somewhere? It's always fun to know a few other moms that you can stay in shape with. Adult communication, after a day of babbling, can really make a walk go by faster. lol

Well he's iffy. We had a scare about 2 months ago. I thought I was pregnant. I told him and he was like, you know I was thinking about this, even before this. He said that he has everything in his life that he has ever wanted and all that's left is a baby. He even put his corvette up for sale. He didn't get the asking price so he took it off the market. But he was thinking about it. Now when I mention it he says in a year. So I don't know. I guess we'll see. I just don't think that the day is gonna come when we look at eachother and we are like, ok now.

Don't know if she trains anywhere. I'll ask her the next time I see her. Good idea, though.

I'll always have my husband to train with though. We already figured it out. Our gym is 5 minutes from my parents house. We can drop the baby off there for an hour.

That will be great! Time with just him and time to train can both be hard to come by...you will get both at once!

I understand about there never being a good time. I pestered my husband for 3 or 4 years. Then it happened, and it was a shock (to him), but he's very happy about it now. The tables have since turned, and he wants more kids, but I am DONE. Life...lol

Man, I know how much puppies are...and you don't even need to spend 24/7 with them! My sister is 5 months pregnant right now with her first, so I am really excited (1st time auntie). She is quite the moody one though...but that's normal for her!

Good luck to you girlie!

By far the most frequent comment I heard when I was pregnant was, "Once that baby is here it's going to change your life." Its like people couldn't think of any thing more original than that to say. Don't let that scare you. My life has only changed for the better since the birth of my son. I was very active before and I am now as well. He goes on 10 mile hikes with us, he gets up every morning with us and sits in his stroller while we work out. If he gets fussy, whoever is between sets comforts him. I lifted through most of my pregnancy and tried to stay active. I gained 60 lbs, had a 10lb baby and have lost all but7lbs. at 9 months post partum. I think my body may end up being better than it was before because I am working harder at it.

Don't let people discourge you from what you want. Yeah some women get pregnant and get fat and stay that way but many others don't.

Having my baby was the best thing that ever happend to me:D

Thank you all! I knew I could count on my girls for some good advice. I don't know what the deal is, but something is telling me it's right. My cousinn is pregnant with her 2nd. She's ready to pop and yesterday I felt the baby move. It was amazing. I'll keep you all posted! :D

Top Bottom