Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When to cut and by what amount (See pics)

CLKenny

O.K,

I've been taking in 3,000 calories the last three weeks and i'm having a hard time gaining.
I'm currently 15% BF, 140 lbs, 5'9,

I'm 15 weeks out of my competition, when do you think I should start cutting, and by how many calories. I'm not sure if I should decrease 500 per day getting closer.

Please help, I definitely need some veteran advice, this is my first competition.

Can you give a little history - how long have you been training? What is your current training - this helps give us an idea of what sort of muscle maturity you have at this point.

Also you said you are having a hard time gaining - is your bodyfat goign up or down/ has been going up or down / how long have you been at 15%? Just looking at your pictures and your height / weight sounds like you have a light frame and maybe a high metabolism? Is this true? This may mean you really have to work hard to gain mass.

Also can you show some full body pix so we can get an idea of your proportions?

I've been resistance training 5 days a week for the past three months. I do a leg workout twice a week and split upperbody the remainder of the week.
I do two one hour boxing workouts per week. I stopped doing cardio completely other than boxing.

My body fat has been at 15% for a couple months, I think I probably have a high metabolism but I eat super clean, haven't had an alcoholic drink in months and have been using the fitday program for a couple of years now.

Here's my back picture from February 15th and my back from March 8th, and March 18th, I need to cut my lowering body, I've been lifting crazy weights lower body.

Let me know what you think,

This is my first competition at the International drug free competition in Toronto

Looking forward to your reply

Im going to go with the normal suggestion of step mill, step ups, lunges, incline work, ham/glute tie in work, etc...

If I'm understanding correctly, your challenge will be having just started lifting. Meaning you have less than a year of lifting under your belt so you are going to be limited in getting your size going. At this point I think your best bet is to start cutting -14-16 weeks is normal to start cutting. But cutting doesn't mean losing muscle mass - you will probably drop some simply because it comes w/ a targeted cutting program.

What Buns said as far as working to get your lower body tight & shapely. I'd be interested to see what your macro nutrient ratios are - i.e. % protein / % fat /% carb- what makes up those 3000 calories? Probably you can start manipulating that to make sure you are getting enough protein to maintain muscle mass & strength, but manipulate the fats & carbs to drop bodyfat but still have enough stuff to energize your training.

You'll probably see your upper body cut up first -- but remember that women have to deal w/ estrogen-driven fat depositing in the hips / thighs / waist area - so get a head start on the cardio if this is your sticking point.

My macros are as follows:

40% Carbs
40% Protein
20% Fat

Thanks for the advice, I just wanted to confirm when I should start cutting down, I train hard and definitely don't want to be short on nutrients and feel hungry all the time.

Top Bottom