Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats a good workout schedule for women?

C

Counterstrike

for women trying to lose weight? I know diet is one but what workout schedule would you suggest for a beginner? need routine set and reps etc... she's 5'9 190

A simple routine is all you need....break your bodyparts up...chest/back, legs, arms/shoulders or however you like..3-4 exercises per bodypart..3 sets of 8-10 reps...Go as heavy as you can..dont be afraid to lift some lbs..you will get more results by doing this..no light weight, high rep shit..will get you NO where. Diet is like 90% of it though..you can train all day but if that is not in place it will do you NO good at all...drink plenty of H2O...5-6 meals a day..what are you eating now?

as far as BF i have no idea what she is. but i can tell you she has some loose skin meaning she's chubby but has body form shape so she's no looking like a round ball but she is chunky she need o lose 30-40 lbs to be normal standard for her height. I never understood why you say lift heavy as hell for a female i thought it was always the opposite (light weight high reps) to burn fat, strength and tone. she eats like 3-5 meals a day but liek 3 tims a week will be fast food. right now all she does is walk but she getign a gym for the house to start lifting by january and her work she's active running around taking care of peope but nothing like a marathon ;-)

She needs at least 5-6 meals..NO LESS!! and lifting light weights will produce absolutely no results for her at all...I guarantee it!! She needs to lift heavy....3 sets of 8-10 to failure..that is how you create lean tissue and burn fat...I will let others chime in and give you their advice......

Question for New@..

New@....,
I'm just curious as to why it's important to do "3 different" exercises per body part. For instance, for some reason I really hate doing free weights so for my biceps I usually only use the straight curl bicep machine (not sure if that's what it's called) for 3 - 4 sets of 8-12 reps. But according to your post, this isn't enough. I'd need to incorporate at least 2 other different exercises, correct? Sorry...still new to this lifting stuff.
Thanks!

You dont want to do the same exercise for your biceps..they will adapt and they will not grow like they would if you would find 2-3 exercises to do and hit em different ways..You can do preacher curls, standing barbell curls, hammer curls, seated alternating bicep curls, you can also use the smith machine and do drag curls..try doing that and working your tricpe inbetween each set you do for biceps..do 3 sets of 8-10 and rotate through.

Thanks! Is there somewhere I can find how to do all these? I know what hammer curls and standing bicep curls are, but not familiar with the others.

as far as the 5-6 meals can it be anything? I mean i no it has to be low fat and low carb but as long as its all that its ok to eat whatever has low fat and carb? By the way not for her but for another one 50mg a week of primo for a female for 12 weeks will that do anything? if does like what will it do?

Counterstrike,

I get the impression the woman you are referring to is new to exercise altogether.

If that is the case, the majority of ppl drop out from an exercise routine within the first 3 mos. She MUST like it! It can't be total torture.

I highly suggest a gym membership if that is possible. Getting out of the house.... could be just me, but I find it so much more motivating to be exercising around others, plus you have all the equipment, option of classes for cardio - step aerobics is SO much more fun than a treadmill :) If she is also new to weight training, I think it's best to *slowly* increase weight... if she's so sore she can't move, she won't keep it up! Plus she needs to learn proper form before really lifting heavy... get the muscles used to the movements. Incorrect form + heavy weight = INJURY! injury= no more exercise! (not that incorrect form is OK with light weight.... but greater potential for damage with heavier weight).

Alexsmom,
I can speak from personal experience, I used to have very little variety in my routine & when I worked with a trainer & REALLY changed it all up, I saw great results... really tightened up! Muscles adapt quickly... great for us that it becomes easier to do *tasks* like cleaning, but we need to challenge our muscles to grow, same thing with cardio--- increase FREQUENCY, INTENSITY, TIME, *or* TYPE, [the FITT principles] as weeks go by to continue to see gains.

Top Bottom