Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What to use on salads?

alexsmom

What do you gals use on salads (if you eat them). I'm trying to eat really clean but didn't know what and if salad dressings are acceptable? Is olive oil and vinegar my only alternative?

Thanks!

Balsalmic vinegar is great, really flavorful. I also use my flax oil & it's pretty good... but I was worried since I'd heard flax is nasty. I bought mine at an organic grocery store. It's pure flax seed oil, 100% organic & the label says it's the best tasting... so I don't know if it truely is much better than other kinds, but it's good.

When I'm at a resturant and their salad bar doesn't have Italian dressing or some oil dressing then I ask for lemon wedge then I squeeze on my salad.

I'll either mix in vinegar & flax oil, tamari sauce (but just for flavor because it is hi in sodium) or one of those no cal dressings, also limited amounts for taste. I also keep a small bottle of flax oil in my cooler during the day to mix in for certain meals. I usually just dump some sort of cut up meat (chicken, ground turkey, steak or tuna) into tupperware w/ either spinach or broccoli and maybe some brown rice and then nuke it at work (except the tuna) because like my meat warm (well ... I like my *other* meat HOT! ;)) . BUT you can't heat up flax oil because it goes nasty, but it still has to be kept cool while you are dragging it around w/ your food all day. The little "travel" flax oil works good for me.

Or if i'm really desperate, lemon juice works just fine.

THanks Sassy (and the others for their suggestions too). Just wondering though, why does Flax need to be kept cool? and what Brand do you use?

Thanks!

don't really ever eat salads because the toppings just aren't worth it to me.. but if I do, I use either white balsamic or raspberry balsamic vinegar... sometimes I will cook with the vinegar and throw the veggies and/or chicken that I cooked it in, all on top of the salad.. when you cook with the vinegar, it does tend to thicken, and the acidity of it is lessened... makes it a little more enjoyable...

dg

apple/cider vinegar
walnut oil
brewers' yeast

I enjoy eating chicken with my salad. A great eat out meal is Wendy's Grilled CHicken salad (ask for extra chicken on the side). and no cheese. I find that the chicken takes the bland out of salad and it is a great source of protein.

Top Bottom